This Disappears When Logged In

poop sample?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by SKULLMAN, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

i here alot of you guys talking about taking poop to the vet,when should i do this? how often should i do it? how often should i take my corns to the vet?.
    any help would be great thanks in advance :confused:

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It is always a good idea to take a new snake for a vet checkup or at the very least a poop sample from a new aquisition to be checked for parasites. It's best to take the sample in within 24 hours of it being, ummmm..., deposited. Many people beleive that captive born animals are free of parasites,...not true.
    I only take my established snakes in if they show some sort of problem. If you are not accustomed to dealing with illnesss in reptiles A once a year chek up would be good. Reptiels are very good at hiding illness and by the time it really becomes appparent they are usually pretty sick.

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I just bought my Corn so I had him checked out by the vet to see how he's doing and to check for parasites right away. But I'm still waiting for the poop sample lol
    I'll be bringing mine in once a year wether they need it or not unless someonetells me I need to do it more often...
    Jem

PS. I can just see me in a few years hauling baggies of poop with the reptiles names on them to the vet! LOL

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You mean EVERYBODY doesn't do that !! ;)

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I use 35mm film canisters. It's more, uhmm, discreet.

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Good idea Jay!!! :)
    I would have at least kept all the baggies in a brown paper bag! ;) lol

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I do the same Jay !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.