This Disappears When Logged In

Poop Concern

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by labelleninirose, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

i keep spares of the repti carpets for the tanks I use them in, so I can have one out being cleaned while the other is in the tank. very helpful.

Glad she pooped for you. (though that would sound awfully odd if you ever heard anyone say that out loud...)

A bath never hurts, and it's a good first option if you ever even suspect any blockage. If you need to, (this works wonders with my snakes) stick your foot in there, and half the time, they will just curl up around your ankle, and hold still, rather than trying to escape. I just sit on the tub with one foot in it reading a book while they soak.

2. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

yeah I'm pretty relieved now..I dont have to worry about that anymore. I will try the ankle thing next week for her next bath. for the carpets I might think about buying some more, for some reason pet stores sell them at an exesscive price. so when I clean them out I just lay out paper towel while they are washing. she doesnt mind. she is sooooo active now its crazy!!!! last night all she would do it climb everywhere, so I guess the blockage is what made her so lethargic. I appreaciate all the help, this site has helped me from ending up in the hospital in a meltdown cirsis.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Part of what removed the blockage was the swimming action which made all of the muscles work. Having the snake wrapped around your ankle would defeat that.
    Other than that if you want to go wading with your snake have at it!:D

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I guess I should have rephrased that. Mine tend to wrap just their 'neck' (from 25% of their body or so) around the ankle/foot. I think it makes them feel a little more stable, because I usually put enough water in the tub to completely cover them (3 inches or thereabouts). Mine don't seem to like the sensation of not being on something solid and stable. As soon as they have an anchor, they calm right down, and stop trying to get out so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.