This Disappears When Logged In

Poop Concern

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by labelleninirose, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labelleninirose

labelleninirose Elite Member

Well, its been 3 weeks since my ball pooped and so I decided to put her in a warm bath. She did not like it and was going crazy...I massaged her tail a little and some poop did come out with this weird looking thing...can anyone tell me what that is and is it normal?

[​IMG]

Its also pretty hard. I dont know what it is and if I should be worried!!!!

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Haven't seen anything like that. Is she still acting otherwise normally?

3. labelleninirose

Well she ate on Saturday, but is not very active at night. she goes from one hide to another.

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Even moving about from one hide to another is some activity. It's good that she is eating. Just keep half an eye on her, I don't think it's anything very serious, but hopefully someone will chime in on this soon who may know more. None of my snakes have ever pooped anything odd, so my experience with this is null.

She's still eating, still moving, was there any 'normal' poop with that?

5. labelleninirose

yeah there was a little...omg i just noticed some blood near her tail...just a little.. maybe the hard thing cut a little. my bf took her out and she is active on him...I don't know what that thing is but im worried. she eats fine.

6. labelleninirose

Sorry to make another post but there is no more blood, and she perked up when we took her out...Now she went back in her warm hide.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

There is a good chance the hard thing cut/tore a little. Watch closely to see if there is any blood in the future. Just keep an eye on her, I'm pretty sure she's fine.

8. labelleninirose

I hope there is no hemorrhage or something like that! I really have no idea what I did wrong :( I feed her every saturday....and I just put her in the bath tub for a soak and she just went nutz and pooped that thing out...

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

She's still a new snake to you. It'll take a few months for the previous owners habits to stop affecting your snake. a few months for her to settle into a new and different routine with you, and in the process, she may do a few unexpected things as her body gets used to different changes (diff temps, diff humidity, diff feeding schedule.)

Does that make sense - this is still a bit of a recovery period for her, so a few 'leftovers' may still be popping up from time to time. Things that are a result of the previous owners care (or lack thereof)

Watch her BM's I doubt she has a hemorrhage. Fresh blood, as you know, is red. Old dead blood (when in feces) is usually very dark brown/black.

I don't think you'll see much, but keep us posted just the same.

10. labelleninirose

I think you're right...I did have to redo the whole tank...and even buy a humidifier for the room...I took her out again to check the tail end and there is no more fresh blood where her cloaca is. it must of tore a little bit. she was very perky again when I took her out...wanted to explore. so I think she is okay. yeah maybe that was a leftover like you call it...but there wasn't that much regular poop...I appreciate your help. I need to feel secure in these things. I'm trying to do my best to make her happy, I love her so much, I don't know what I would do if I lost her. she is gaining some weight so I'm happy and eats her meals vigorously. sure she is not very active at night right now but I guess with the winter months this is probably normal for her. I guess as long as she is eating she is fine...she isn't bloated btw near her tail so good sign there.

11. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If she was underweight, she won't poop much at all to begin with - her body is absorbing everything it can to make her healthy again.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats not anything I have ever seen come out of a snake. In fact it may be the picture, but the left end of it almost looks like a peice of plastic. Its possible that it is something that it has swallowed and has finally worked its way through.
    I would slice it open and see what it looks like inside.

13. labelleninirose

its not plastic...I just opened it and all white inside and it crumbled up into pieces...urate maybe? kidney stone? she is fine now..sleeping in her cool hide. I just dont know if I should take her to the vet for that thing...nor if the vet will know what I am talking about.

14. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I have made lots of 'stupid' vet trips just cause I am worried. The vet already thinks I am paranoid! But you know what, I sleep better afterwords.:)

From all your posts that I have read it is clear that she is moving around, that is a good sign. Also that she pooped in the bath means to me that the bath did her good, I will bath her again tomorrow just in case there is more strange stuff that needs to come out.

Anyway it sounds as if you are really doing a great job!;)

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You might take the object in just to see what he says. If it is all white inside it may indeed be just a strangely stained urates.

16. labelleninirose

it sure does look like urate...maybe it was there for a while. Ill see if the vet here can take it in to check it out cause I cant drive an hour away to see the closest herp vet for now since I started college for winter semester...I will monitor her...and if she poops out something like that again ill miss a day and go to the vet..I'm not going to fool around with this.

17. labelleninirose

I took my girl out tonight to check her out, there was no blood at all..she seems fine. she was pretty active tonight when I took her out..looked like she wanted to explore a lot...her cloaca was a little red but I'm guessing with the size of that thing that came out it could of made a huge irritation. so for now she seems okay :)

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

sometimes, hard urates can be because of dehydration (again, could be leftovers from previous owner). Maybe that's what it was?

19. labelleninirose

how could she be dehydrated, she has 2 water bols :( does this mean she is not drinking?

20. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

it may be she was dehydrated when you got her. Two water bowls plus the humidity you have her at should be sufficient now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.