This Disappears When Logged In

Please Id This Snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by jThomas, Apr 7, 2015.

1. jThomas

jThomas New Member

2. jThomas

jThomas New Member

Sorry for not leaving a message. I'm in central FL. I think it's a coachwhip.

thanks
    joe

3. DragonSlayer

DragonSlayer Established Member

Looks like a mad snake to me :) He doesn't seem to happy.

4. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

Texas racer? Something along that lines. I know I learned of a snake which is silver and turnes black as it aged. I just can't think of the name.

5. Dan01

Dan01 Established Member

From pictures I have looked up I would say that is a coachwhip. I have no experience with these, though.

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Masticophis flagellum, Coachwhip, runs the length of the full southern US coast to coast.

7. jThomas

jThomas New Member

Positive ID: Coach Whip and no DragonSlayer it wasn’t mad and unhappy, it was very mad and very unhappy. I encounter two of them on the front of my property. They (male/male, male/female, female/female???) were duking it out. One had a good bite on the others head and the two of them were intertwined and rolling around. It reminded me of something you’d see on NatGeo. This one was getting the worst of it.
    I managed to get the two separated and into separate garbage cans. At the time I didn’t have the lids so the other one got out. I let this one go the next morning and it was still striking when it got out.
    The picture doesn’t do it justice. It really is a beautiful snake. Just like the name implies, the tail end looks like a whip.
    Thanks for all the input.
    joe