This Disappears When Logged In

Please Help

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Michellenichols45, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Michellenichols45

Michellenichols45 New Member

My son passed 6 months ago....his large iguana has stopped eating. He is losing weight. I know very little about iguanas except for what types of food to feed them.....his smaller one is fine.....can iguanas grieve????

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Never heard of one grieving. Can you detail how you are housing it. Pictures of enclosure and the ig can help to.

3. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I am very sorry about your son.
    As Merlin said, it would help a lot to hear and see how the iguana is being kept, housed, fed (diet) and some pictures too, if you could manage that.
    We would like to help you with advice on the care of your son's iguana.

4. Michellenichols45

Michellenichols45 New Member

I will take pics when I get home, but he is in a large wire cage with limbs for climbing. After reading up, I have wrapped a sheet around 2 sides to help keep him at a warmer temps. He has a heat light. I mist him daily and soak him in the tub a few times a week. I feed him collards, acorn squash, tomatoes, yellow squash, monkey biscuits. I use a calcium spray and vitamin spray on his food.

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

What about uvb? Also what's in the monkey biscuits? They can't process animal products I believe. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Stop feeding the monkey biscuits. That's an old school recommendation that shortened the life of a lot of iguanas. They cannot digest animal protein.
    What are the temperatures?

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Sorry to see nothing more here up to now.
    We would very much like to help.