This Disappears When Logged In

PLEASE HELP! I Rescued a Painted Turtle Today and Don't Know What to Feed!

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by LightLizard, May 29, 2014.

1. LightLizard

LightLizard Active Member

I rescued a turtle from the train tracks today and decided to keep him for a little while because he has a cracked shell and was very dehydrated.
    He was wedged between the metal rails and wood on the part that goes across the street. I thought we would have to put him out of his misery, but we managed to get him out. Soooo, what can I feed him? It took a LONG time to get him out.

2. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Re: PLEASE HELP! I Rescued a Painted Turtle Today and Don't Know What to F

I used to have painted turtles as a kid... i used to have three in a cattle trough, and we used to catch silver minnows from out creek outback or you can drop some crickets or roaches in his tank too as they are carnivorous (the turtles that is lol). but as for the shell ive seen people use aquarium grade silicon to seal it (i dunno about it though but was just saying) as it as it needs to be kept out of the water to stop any bacteria from infection within the shell.... a vet visit is deff in need...... but as soon as he heals it is best to release him back into the wild as he is a wild animal and needs to be released.... i would either take him to an animal sanctuary or rehabilitation center..... but if it were me i would have let him go when i got him out as injured animals are a part of nature and he would of fed or feed another animal..... just the survival of the fittest....