This Disappears When Logged In

Plants for Crested Geckos

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by teach920, Mar 19, 2010.

1. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I am heading to the local nursery sometime in the next week or so, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for live plants to put in my Crested Geckos cage..(I have printed out a copy of the "safe plant" list for Bearded Dragons someone linked a while back, but was wondering if their was anything in particular dealing with the Crested??)
    I have already ordered a few of the magna-natural hanging plant ledges that will hold a standard 4 inch pot, and was thinking of Pothos for those, but I was wondering about more of a "tree/taller plant" that could be placed on the floor of the cage...(the new cage is 3 feet tall.)
    Any suggestions would be appreciated,
    THANKS!!!

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Check out ficus. They are tough little trees and will respond well to pruning, eventually creating a nice little bonsai type of tree.
    Scheffelara are good to.

3. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

4. Merlin

Its expensive because that plant has already been in training for a few years. Brussel has always be a bit pricey.
    But you don't have to buy one already trained. You can do something similar with a 5 dollar potted plant..

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Mother in law tongue.

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Thank you very much for the suggestions...I went today and picked up a few Dracaena plants to put in the ledges...I am holding off on the larger plant until a bit later.....i couldn't find any ficus that were right size for the cage...all at Home Depot were too large....(Although I did see several other larger plants that I thought might do well as part of an outdoor enclosure for the Beardies.....but that is another topic altogether...I'm just getting SOOOO excited about all this GREAT WEATHER.......:D

7. Merlin

Ficus respond well to pruning. If its too tall, cut it back and set it outside in the sun. It will sprout on the old wood.

8. Spikes the name

Spikes the name Elite Member