This Disappears When Logged In

Plant Food

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by shwknight, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I've been reading up on the different plants that are ok to put into a water dragons enclosure and most say to "feed" the plant. I know they usually mean fertilizer when they say "feed" but there's NO WAY i'm going to put ANYTHING like that in my enclosure, but, I want to put some live plant's and a small tree/bush in mine and was wondering what other's do to "feed" their live plants in their enclosures.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Did you ever decide on whether to put the plants in in their pots or plant them directly into the substrate? Keeping them in pots will greatly simplify your maintainance.
    The wastes from the dragon are going to provide some nutrients. I would think that a weak tea of fish emulsion or worm castings would be fine.
    This is more Liz's or Titus's area of expertise!

3. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Plants are going to stay in the pots/planter for the time being. And there are going to be hanging plants as well as a small tree/bush. Going to have indoor/outdoor carpet over laminate (laminate is going down on the floor and up the side 3-4 inches after the polycrylic is totally cured)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.