This Disappears When Logged In

Pinky Mice Feeders for Less

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by peconic123, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peconic123

peconic123 New Member

Hi, I'm sick of spending $20 for pinky mice and then having to shell out $40 more for shipping. Is there any place that sells bulk pinky mice in Western Nassau county NY or Queens, NY where I can pick them up and save a few bucks?

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Re: Pinky Mice Feeders for Less???

You could try finding out if any pet stores in your area sell them and what their pricing is. I know where I live there used to be some pet stores that would sell them frozen you just had to call ahead of time and place your order so they had enough time to either order them or freeze them themselves.

3. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

How about breeding your own?

4. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Sorry, I just noticed that you were new to the Network. Welcome aboard, have a great stay.

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, I would suggest calling around. I found I can get crickets through my local exotic store cheaper than ordering them myself. Since they order 10-20k at a time, they get a really big discount.

6. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

How many are you getting for that price? RodentPro's probably as cheap as you're going to get.

7. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

You also might want to check and see if there are any reptile shows in your area. They might sell them there with no shipping.

Welcome to the site.

8. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

Yeah, a lot of times buying them from a smaller vendor at an expo saves you money as opposed to getting the less expensive ones from a bigger company shipped.

And yeah, you could breed them since you can feed pinkies live. No biting until they're hoppers, or so I've heard.

9. Mim

Mim Elite Member

I buy all my frozen rodents from reptile shows - the prices are cheap and you don't have to pay shipping. I stock up at the shows (which come to this area every 6mo) so that I never have to order online.

10. willow

willow Subscribed User Premium Member

Petco carries frozen pinkie mice. At least here in MA they do. Rich buys his feeders from Rodent Pro. He tries to buy for his snakes and for a women I work with. It helps to justify the shipping costs.

11. bobberly1

bobberly1 Elite Member

Hey, I'm in MA too! What town or city are you in? The prices in Petco are completely astronomical. About $1.69 for a single pinky!!!

12. nrfitchett4

nrfitchett4 Guest

Is 1.69 expensive for pinkies? I just got my first corn snake and my wife is dead set on live mice. We'll try it for a while. We have a local pet store that stocks them. I think they are 1.25.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Do a quick search for rodent bites to snakes and it will change your mind.

14. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Absolutely! Why even risk a bite to an expensive snake from a $1.25 mouse?

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

$1.69 each is just about profiteering. On rare occasions, I have had to buy them... $5.00 for a bag of three pinkies.... ridiculous.

You can get pinkies from rodentpro for about 16 cents each (Sometimes sales go as low as 12 cents). Just gotta buy them in bags of 100, and pay frozen shipping. It's really worth it if you can order enough bulk to really take advantage of the shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.