This Disappears When Logged In

Pimples

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by crunchsupreme, Dec 27, 2014.

1. crunchsupreme

crunchsupreme Member

A friend of mine has a green Apple pacman we picked up at all pets club as a baby. It's been eating and growing fine for about a year or more now. Recently it grew this bulge on its back with a white head to it which eventually popped, oozing white puss. He kept the sore clean and it eventually healed up nicely and has very minimal visual traces of anything of that nature happening. The frog ate and pooped throughout this whole ordeal. It being healthy now and not ever really understanding what that was we left it alone. Now A few months down the road and it happens again on the other side of his body, again seems to be healing however must be uncomfortable. Anybody have any ideas to what may be the cause of this? Asked local pet store but they had no experiences of this with their frogs.

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

my best guess (and I am not an amphibian person) is that the frog is getting small injuries that are getting infected, and forming small abscesses that eventually rupture, drain, and heal on their own.

Is there anything in his cage that could be causing such things? insect bites from uneaten meals, sharp objects, etc?

I'm sure a more amphibian knowledgeable person will come along and help out.

3. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

Dragoness is exactly right. I would search the tank for sharp objects and also for parasites.