This Disappears When Logged In

Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Childrens Pythons' started by smallgrayfox, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Brand New Pictures!!!

Here is Ky-Lin last night checking out her home country on the world map :D

Hmmm...am I from here?
    [​IMG]

Or am I from over here?
    [​IMG]

I just don't know which part of Australia I'm from! I'm so confused!
    [​IMG]

*sigh* I give up!
    [​IMG]

2. smallgrayfox

I love the way Ky-Lin's eyes look...do all pythons have similar eyes?

[​IMG]

3. smallgrayfox

Is anybody out there? :eek:

4. venus

venus Founding Member

She is beautiful Juliane.

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

love the pics. i don't know if all python's have the same eyes but hers are beautiful. wondeful colors. :)

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

She's growing SO fast!!!
    I just wanna kiss her...she's so cute :p

7. DarkMagician207

i love the last pic the best. i look at it alot and i want to draw it. :D

8. smallgrayfox

Thank you for the compliments! I want to kiss her too...it's often difficult to resist, but I don't want her to mistake my nose for a pinky! :eek:

DarkMagician, if you do draw it, I'd love to see the results! :D I'm glad you like it...I keep looking at it too because her eyes fascinate me!

9. DarkMagician207

its such a wonderful pic. its like the perfect shot. i saved it in one of my files so when i get the chance i do want to start drawing it. :)

10. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

AWWW,cute!Didn't know she was that tiny,'cause she looks much bigger on the other pics I've seen where she is on her tree,remember?

11. smallgrayfox

Yes, she looks HUGE in pictures where there's no size reference. My mom, who doesn't like snakes a lot, thought she was enormous in one of the pics where she's on the branch, and she was horrified. I laughed so hard at her reaction. :D

She's growing really fast. She has grown bigger around than I expected her to by this point, and she's grown some in length as well. I think she's pretty happy with us. When I go over to her enclosure, she comes immediately over to where I am to see me, and if she thinks I'm taking the lid off, she stretches waaaaaaaaaaaay up trying to meet me at the top. She seems to enjoy coming out so much :)

I truly love this snake! :eek:

12. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

That sounds like a great personality,and she sems already very tame.You don't read that very often,that snakes come up to "greet" you,maybe from corns,but snakes are usually more shy than yours!Sounds really great!!

I don't know if you remember this Juliane,but I asked you once if you know the latin name of a children's python,(well I think I did,anyway,but I can't find it anymore,lol)

Could you tell me again,should you have done before?!Thanks!

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Antaresia Childreni ;)

14. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

thanks Merlin!

15. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Oh,and another thing;does anybody know why it's called children's python?
    First when I read about Juliane's snakes,I thought it's "the children's python" LOL!

16. smallgrayfox

Jacky, this is from a website called Burke's Backyard(http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/2001/archives/2001_archives/roadtests/reptiles/childrens_python) :

"Despite its name the Children's Python is not a python that eats children, nor is it a snake more suitable than others as a children's pet. This reptile was named after the scientist John George Children, who first described them. Children's Python is the common name given to the four native Australian pythons of the genus Antaresia. Antaresia childreni and Antaresia maculosa are the most commonly kept by amateur herpetologists. A. childreni can be found in the wild across much of northern Australia, while A. maculosa is seen along the northern half of the east coast of Australia"

Ky-Lin is an Antaresia childreni, like Merlin said :)

17. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks Juliane!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.