This Disappears When Logged In

Pictures of My 3 Littles Garter Snakes

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Barak666, Nov 6, 2010.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

The color changes are awesome!

2. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

couleuvres175.jpg
    couleuvres181.jpg

Attached Files:

3. mld

looks like this one is smiling for the camera! too cute:D

4. jezabella1982

jezabella1982 Well-Known Member

beautiful!

5. FantasticDamage

FantasticDamage Well-Known Member

That's an awesome enclosure and awesome snakes! Makes me wish I could create a tank like that.

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Cute little snakies, garters are a dime a dozen here and I'm always excited to observe them and take pics of their different patterns.

7. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thanks

@FantasticDamage : it is my second enclosure, so I don't have a particulary long experience building those, but with a good planning, good tools and lot of patience it is pretty easy to make one. ;)

Here some more pictures, of Guy this time (Guy who tend more and more to be a female...), who was climbing the slidding doors frame ...

couleuvres183.jpg

couleuvres187.jpg

couleuvres192.jpg

couleuvres194.jpg

couleuvres186.jpg

Attached Files:

8. mld

Guy looks determined to get to the top! Too cute:x
    So you may have to change the name to Guyenne if it turns out to be a girl.

9. kkobiz

kkobiz Banned User

Love the pics, you have an awesome snake.

10. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

A small update

They all do well, even if I don't see Orange anymore, at least it is rare as it discover it can travel under the substrate, so it pass most of its time there, only come out once in a while to bask and eat. They others two are something else, they are pretty active and a pleasure to observe.

I fed them pinkies few weeks ago, since then they refuse nightcralwers if I didn't scent them with pinkies parts ... :rolleyes:

Here two picture of Jaunas (the biggest one), You can spot Orange in the corner of the first picture

couleuvres224.jpg

couleuvres230.jpg

Then Guy who just step outside his bed (the cranial box)
    couleuvres233.jpg

Attached Files:

11. mld

Very nice, they look great!
    So are you happy that they are eating pinkies instead of night crawlers?
    By the way, where do you order you night crawlers from?

12. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thanks

For the pinkies thing, it is more that I wanted to add a bit of diversity to their diet, the problem is they like the pinkies so much they didn't want the worms anymore if it didn't smell like as a pinky, if I could find a pinky's fragrance to spray on food it will be easier ...

The problem is the only pet shop here (who truly doesn't deserve this name ...) doesn't have mice anymore, and aren't very reliable + are selling at astronomical prizes (in short to avoid :D)

To get something serious its about 100km (Matane) if not 200km (Rimouski) from here or by internet/shipping (if its not expensive with the shipping or need to order hundreds of mice).

In the worm case, I buy them at a gas station who sell fishing worms, they are from a distributor of the "Appât du Nord" in Matane. I was able to get them year long, instead of just during the fishing time. So its became my main food source for my dragon and my snakes.

As I live in an apartment my girlfriend put the break to my projects of breeding feeders ;) hope to find a house and or a terrain to build one soon :D

13. mld

Thanks for the information!
    I hope you find a home or the land to build one! Yes, apartments can be a little to cramped to start breeding feeders plus the smell:-&

14. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

As always, I love seeing updates of these little guys.. Orange was always my favorite, so I'm a bit sad that he isn't as active/visual as the others,... but I am glad that I did indeed see him in the corner of that first photo..Very nice looking photos, and I'm glad they are still doing so well for you...

15. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Long time no see, I'm not as often on the forums these time, but my 3 little beasts do well, they are eating and shedding all the time, they are around 1½-1¾ feet long now. The are pretty active, except when digesting and shedding. They eat mainly nightcrawlers, and I don't have to scent them with pinkies, which is easiest for me ;) They take a mean of 2 big nightcrawlers each time, and I feed them 2 time a week.

As their enclosure is vast, it is not easy to take nice picture of them, but for the eyes it is pleasant, when I approach the enclosure, they are normally quick to pop their head and tongue flick to see if I bring them food. Its pretty cute.

Here few pictures taken theses days.

First with Guy preparing his shed, then with his brand new skin

titesfilles025.jpg

titesfilles037.jpg

titesfilles036.jpg

Then Jaunas after a meal of two nightcrawlers
    titesfilles006.jpg

And Orange under the foliage

titesfilles015.jpg

I will try to take better ones if I can.

Attached Files:

16. mld

Gorgeous, I just love those big eyes! Thanks for sharing:x

17. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

They are so awesome and cute!! :D :D They look great!

18. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Man what beautiful garter snakes! That is one impressive enclosure too! This thread is turning more into a journal than a thread and I'm loving it! :)

19. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments, I will try to keep updating with new pictures from time to time.

I fed them yesterday, but sadly they were quick to hide so I wasn't able to take pictures of them, but Guy ate 3 big nightcrawlers, his biggest meal ever, his head looked so tiny compare to his distended body. After such a meal he will probably digest for the week to come and probably shed soon after.

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Very nice set up! Garders are illegal to sell in Alberta. They look alot like the wild ones we can catch here! Minus the orange though!
    Here is one little one we caught this summer, released him shortly after getting a picture ;)
    025-1.jpg

Attached Files: