This Disappears When Logged In

Pictures of My 3 Littles Garter Snakes

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by Barak666, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

they are soooo cute!!!!!

2. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

So after some times, here some more pictures takes after lunch time today, two of them bask (sorry for the probe cable)

couleuvres059.jpg
    couleuvres060.jpg

While this time, Guy was on the run, and came quickly to inspect this strange devise that is my camera, sorry for the poor quality of the last ones, my old 5Mpx isn't suit to focus on an approaching snake. But it give a view of is back's colour (who change from blue to green depending of the angle)

couleuvres061.jpg
    couleuvres062.jpg
    couleuvres063.jpg
    couleuvres065.jpg
    couleuvres064.jpg

My girlfriend, who loves blue/green garter, is pretty happy, moreover it is "Guy" who have these colours. We give him the name of Guy because my girlfriend's father had a grave road accident (it happen in end of September and he is still at the hospital, but on the good way to heal without to much sequels) at the same moment that we get the snakes. We named it during the car trip between Montreal hospital and here (800km) with the snakes that we pick at Charles (the one who breed these marvellous little beasts) place. So for all these reason I think this one is her favourite In my case, I love them all three, with tin preference for the dark orange one

Attached Files:

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

All are just gorgeous, you can really see the blue/green in the last two pictures where Guy is checking out your camera.
    Thanks for sharing, I would love to be reincarnated to one of your Garter Snakes when its my time. They look so good and their enclosure is to die for.

4. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Well, here some news picture of the orange one. This little beast truly rise my stress the last week-end, it was nowhere in the enclosure, I finally find it in the evening running true the radiator, I was able to catch it with a fish net. Hopefully I find how it escape, via the top of the sliding door, if we don't push it strongly, there is a small gap (2 feet from the ground), the little guy probably climb via the sliding track.

Then this week I try to give them pinkies parts, a total of 3 pinkies (9 parts). Guy the little pig find the plate first, then eat 5 parts, the others two snakes were able to get 2 each. I didn't have to scent them, so I'm quite happy, they eat earthworms, guppies and pinkie without being difficult.

Here 2 pics of the orange one who was the only active one yesterday

couleuvres070.jpg

couleuvres083.jpg

Attached Files:

5. mld

What a little sweetie pie! Gorgeous, so glad that you found him, must have been very scary for you. Clever little guys!
    Sounds like Guy is a little pig, at least he left 2 pieces each for the other 2.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures of the little escape artist.

6. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thanks

Here is the yellowish one, we think about naming it Jaunas (in reference to jaune who mean yellow in French)

couleuvres084.jpg

and the orange one(bit blur)
    couleuvres092.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Still some more.

Just before feeding time, they all pop-up from the leaves when I approach the enclosure : (Jaunas is hard to see in the lower right corner)

couleuvres103.jpg

And the 3 of them who attacked the worm's plate together : from top to bottom, Orange, Guy and Jaunas
    couleuvres108.jpg

Attached Files:

8. mld

They look like they get along really well!
    Great picture of the three of them checking out the plate of worms! Thanks for sharing always nice to see them.

9. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Some more ...

Jaunas taking a nap on the jaw bone (the rest of his body is hide into the cranial box
    couleuvres123.jpg

And Guy yesterday after fulling itself with worms. His orange grow with each shed, for comparison it is him who come close to my camera in the pictures posted sooner on this thread.
    couleuvres129.jpg
    couleuvres131.jpg

Attached Files:

10. mld

Always a pleasure to see your photos of the Garter Snakes, thanks for sharing!:x

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Rotund little guy!

12. Anthony14

Anthony14 Elite Member

Your garters are just so awesome, I love how well they seem to get along and all their pictures are great. They look very interesting and enjoyable to keep. Thanks for sharing.

13. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thanks

Effectively, they do well together. I didn't sex them yet, but I hope they are all of the same sex, will be easier this way, otherwise, I will have to separate them before they get mature.

For digesting and in the morning they are often twist together under the lamps.

The only moment I have to watch them carefully is during feeding time, at least at the beginning of it.

They each have different behaviours when it come to food. "Guy" is, most of the time, the first one in the plate and he quickly take his part (swallow one piece, then go somewhere else, then charge back few times later until he is full).

The Orange one prefer to steal for the others, it often hide directly under the plate and wait for Guy to get out of the plate and then try to take his worm (that is why I stay close during feeding). >:)

And finally Jaunas, who perch itself in the heights to watch the other two and only approach the plate once the others are full. It is pretty funny to observe them during theses times (and scary the first time the orange one bite the same chunk of worm as Guy).

I will probably borrow my job's camera (12Mpx) to try taking better pictures of them this week-end (my camera is an old 5Mpx, who find it hard to focus on the snakes). If the results are interesting, I will post some here.

Edit :

So here some pictures taken a moment ago, a good camera make a big difference ;) will have to buy one one day.

First "Orange" who is shy these days and turn more red than orange ;)
    couleuvres133.jpg

Then "Guy" and "Jaunas" basking on their freshly wash plants :cool:
    couleuvres136.jpg
    couleuvres138.jpg
    couleuvres139.jpg
    couleuvres140.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

couleuvres148.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Here is Guy upon is arrival in my cares :

couleuvres021.jpg

And it is him today few months/shed later

couleuvres149.jpg

Attached Files:

16. mld

Good comparison pictures, Guy looks great!

17. monkeytechahoo

monkeytechahoo Elite Member

wow..everything is lovely

18. KristenNC

KristenNC Elite Member

Good looking snakes there. Thanks for sharing.

19. Max713

Max713 Elite Member

Beautiful snakes, and amazing enclosure!

20. Barak666

Barak666 Active Member

Thank you all!

They all do well and they eat with appetite. Orange seems to grow slowly compare to the other two, may be it will turn to be a male.

So here is Guy follow by Orange who are basking

couleuvres170.jpg

couleuvres164.jpg

And just as a comparison, as I do for Guy, here is one of the first picture of Orange ... ;)

couleuvres011.jpg

Jaunas was hiding today, but I will try to take a picture of it soon, cause it appears to grows some orange on it too.

Attached Files: