This Disappears When Logged In

Pictures of Mr. Kipling

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Evozakira, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Thanks for the info! Big help for if i try it.

2. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

I ran out of pinkies, you think Mr. kipling can handle a fuzzy?

3. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

I would have to see pics with something in it for size comparison. Corns can typically handle anything up to 1.5 times as big around as the widest part of the snake.

4. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

You need to size compare the snake or the fuzzy?

5. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

The snake.

6. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Look who came out to see me :p. Hes now back in his cage watching me from the darkness because hes hungry and I forgot the petstore closes early on sunday lol. Is it just me or are they super cute when drinking from their water dish :D

Attached Files:

7. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Large pinkies and peach fuzzies are probably what he needs to be eating, but he should be able to take a fuzzie. Just make sure it's not more than 1.5 times the girth of the thickest part of the snake.

8. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Im just pick up pinkies tomorrow. They are small but ill double up. His head just seems so small and the fuzzies are pretty big.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Never go by the size of the head. As I said before, they can take stuff up to 1.5 times the girth of the thickest part of the snake. Were the pinkies leaving a noticeable lump after he got it all the way down? If they weren't then it's time to move up to fuzzies

10. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

To me the size of the fuzzies are 2 times the size of his widest part of his body. I dont want to risk hurting him so i think ill stay with pinkies. Thanks for the help

11. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Well, if they are 2 times the size, then you need to stay with pinkies. If one pinky doesn't leave a noticeable lump, then feed 2 pinkies. He will probably be up to fuzzies in no time though.

12. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Heres some compair pictures if they help. First is a pinkie and second is a fuzzy. Thats the smallest fuzzy in the pack but a few of them in the box and seem to be way more furry than this one and a bit bigger.

Attached Files:

13. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

Going by the pics, I would say your would be better off feeding 2 pinkies. Once she has grown a bit, post a couple of pics like that again and I will let you know if he's ready for fuzzies then.

14. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Will do man thanks. We are going for 2 pinks today. How far apart do you feed the 2?

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

As soon as he gets the 1st pink all the way down pop the second one in :)

16. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

17. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

He is getting pretty crazy when he eats now, i love it! He makes me move the pinkie around fast so he can get a big strike at it. Hes like a hunter! Hes on pinkie 1, pics will be up after :)

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I love how well my babies eat too! They usually strike and grab their pinkys before I have a chance to drop them in the feeding tub lol! It definatly makes you feel like your doing something right when they have such a wonderful feeding response :)

19. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

He will do his overkill by striking like 5 times before holding it. I still cant get him to eat 2 though. When i got him in oct they said he was eating 2 pinkies each feeding fine. Since then ive got him to do it once : /

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Maybe the pinkys your feeding are bigger then what they where feeding him. I have had super tiny babies in my mouse litters, large numbers means smaller babies and I have had small litters with huge babies. If he isn't taking the 2nd one then he is probley full.