This Disappears When Logged In

Picture of One of Our New Babies!

Discussion in 'Childrens Pythons' started by smallgrayfox, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

We went to a reptile show yesterday and came home with two new babies! One of them is a hatchling normal corn, and I'll post her picture later on the cornsnake forum. Ky-Lin (named for a Chinese Earth Elemental) is the other, and she's a hatchling Children's Python. She's so cool, and not the least bit nippy!

I looked at the care sheet Todd mentioned in another thread. Do they really require temps as high as 100? I've seen conflicting things on the internet both about temps and about humidity. So I'm left feeling confused. Does anyone here actually keep Children's that could tell me what they've done successfully as far as temps and humidity?

Anyway, here's a picture of our new baby!
    [​IMG]

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

AWWWWWWW....
    We have another addicted herper at HC!! LOL
    I knew you couldn't stop at just 2 corns! :p
    Enjoy your new baby...he's a cutie!

3. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Congrats on your first boid! :D I was looking into gettin one last spring and I do not remember anything about tempsup to 100. If I remember correctly their care was pretty much the same as a ball python. By the way how did the cage insulating go since you apparently have 2 more cages now?

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Very pretty !!!! congrats.

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

she's adorable! congrats on the new babies!! can't wait to see more pics of them. :)

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

By George I do believe we have created a monster! ;)

7. smallgrayfox

The foil works pretty well. I've also increased the wattage on the bulbs so that with the rheostat I have an even wider range of warmth to choose from. Thank you for the foil idea. :)

8. smallgrayfox

Ky-Lin's tank is a 10 gallon All-Glass Critter cage. The high temp is usually around 89 or so, occasionally going up as high as 92 or so. The low end is about 84 or 85 most of the time. So far, she's spending all of her time on the warm side. Is this because she just ate yesterday? Or do I not have the temp high enough in general and she needs it hotter? She came out of the hide on the warm side tonight and moved around some, but she still stayed on that side of the tank. Then she went back into thewarm hide. This is our first python, so I'm still trying to figure out what she needs. Thank you for your help!

9. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Congrats on your new edition, what a gorgeous snake, :D

10. venus

venus Founding Member

What a beautiful pyton. Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.