This Disappears When Logged In

Pic's Soon! New Florida King Snake! I Am So Excited!!!

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by nikkistorms, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Send it to me or post it up......
    Adult females that have laid eggs are tricky sometimes because they sometimes get a "buldge" past their vent......

2. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

YOUR SO SMART! Thank you!!! SHE will just have to deal with her more male-ish name "Titan" lmfao!

3. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Can you tell from any of these nott so recent pics? I will take close ups of the tail/vent from the angles you suggested in a day or two, right now "he/she" is in blue and I tend to leave it alone for these couple days.

4. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Titany....LOL

And I'm not smart...I've just seen thousands of kingsnakes over the years.......Experience is worth something....lol

5. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

I know this is gross but I have never seen a snake poop... what is it supposed to look like? She has pooed twice I think... both were completely "disolved" like not water but by the time I found it it had absorbed into the papertowel and left just a brown dirt like substance and a tiny white substance.

6. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

I have been trying to "catch" her poop so I can send it for a fecal.

7. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Per this Pic below I'd say male...but that's about a 80% guess...LOL

I think it's a male......

xd4il.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

Why do you think you NEED to do that?
    Do you have other reptiles?

9. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

I have been told with any new reptile to do a fecal to make sure there arent any parasites. I have NEVER had a snake before so I have no idea what to expect as far as that. And how can you tell when they are about to shed besides their eyes glazing?

10. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

Yes I have 4 lizards

11. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

Titanis daughters of Earth? LOL

12. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Ok neat, guess I'm not switchin from "Al" to "Ali" quite yet lol. that is a really old pic but I guess you can tell right out of the egg usually. I just uploaded to that link a few newer pics where the tail doesn't look quite as long if you care clicking the link again ? Thanks a lot for bothering btw :D

13. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

I still say male, but I think that is a Floridana crossed with either an Appalachicola King or an Eastern King......

I've seen some beautiful kings from that type of man made intergrade......

14. Jlassiter

Jlassiter Elite Member

I like that...
    It's better than Titany or Titanic.....LOL

15. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Very cool, thanks.

16. Kamala

Kamala Active Member

You don't need to "catch" anything. lol. Snake poop is supposed to be solid and it ain't going anywhere lol. You'll get white chunks and then you'll get brown chunks. The brown chunks is what you would want for a fecal... If I remember correctly the white chunks are like pee, but solidified. I might be wrong. I also don't remember what the liquidy excrement is indicative of...

17. Kamala

Kamala Active Member

Their colors get dull, scales aren't as smooth... when they bend you might see a crease...

Have you made a humidity box yet? Since you keep a fan going in the room, that tends to suck the humidity out of the tank.

18. nikkistorms

nikkistorms Elite Member

I will make a humidity box first thing tomorrow. Does that indicate something wrong with her since the poop wasn't solid?