This Disappears When Logged In

Pics, Pics. Get Your Pics Here!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by MadDog, Sep 15, 2009.

1. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well, I am as excited as I can be now. I thought it would be a lot harder than this, but I guess not. All I had to do was put the pinky in front of him and he just opened his mouth and ate it. He didn't strike or nothing. He just ate it. Way to go Twiggy!! He's really calming down too. Turning into quit a gentleman.

Forgot to post the pics.:eek:

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`s excellent!

3. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Thanks. He's been in his hide since he ate pretty much and seems very happy.

I forgot to mention that this was the frozen thawed pinky. His first at that! Plus this was his second feeding.

4. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I love watching them eat, its incredible how they are designed to consume something so much bigger than they are. Thanks for posting the pictures :)

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Great job!!! I am glad to hear that Twiggy is eating so well and is also switching over to F/T so easily, but as Merlin said, they are not very picky and the do have a very good feeding response. Thumbs up to you sir!

6. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Thanks everybody. I am glad they have such a strong feeding response because it makes my life so much easier.

7. Orca

Orca Elite Member

It does! So many people in my area have ball pythons and usually get frustrated and stop trying to convert when the snakes constantly refuse the f/t prey. My own ball is extremely picky and I wish he would eat better. One of the reasons I want a corn snake is so I can have a snake that will eat well and be able to handle LOL

8. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

That is why when I buy my first CB snake it will not be a ball python! No offence to those out their that keep them, but I just want to try and avoid this as much as possible. I am going to be getting a leucistic texas rat soon. And then in my six footer I will hopefully have either a texas indigo or some kind of cribo.

9. eos

eos Well-Known Member

Awesome pics!