This Disappears When Logged In

Pics of My Herp Family!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by annarawrr, Sep 25, 2012.

1. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

I've been sharing my life with herps for about a year and a half now and it feels like forever! They're the absolute loveliest companions, quiet, docile (mostly) and which each their own unique personality. Here are the current herps that make up my herp family!

Killer, my iguana who just hates everyone and everything. Despite all my efforts to tame him he will continue to whip, bite and scratch me to this day. I love him heaps though, and wouldn't have him any other way! He's growing a little horn on the tip of his nose but you can't see it in the picture. I'm starting to think he's a she but the male pronoun has stuck with me!

tumblr_m82llsMHQm1qco7kmo1_500.jpg

Baby, my beautiful ball python. He's about 5-6 months old and has a wonderful temperament. I recently managed to feed him f/t mice but he still loves live prey above anything else! His hobbies include trying to escape his tank and keeping me company while I'm studying!

tumblr_m9au1t7K8e1rdk7r8o1_500.jpg

Puddles, my Chinese fire belly. He recently got upgraded to a larger tank and is very happy with it! He shares his home with two Japanese fire bellies, one likes to bully the other but he won't have any of it despite being the smallest!

tumblr_maui3dUY0U1rdk7r8o1_500.jpg

K'napples and Jackflap, my two Japanese fire bellies. I just brought them home a couple days ago. They're about an inch longer than Puddles. K'napples (bottom) is a bit of a bully and likes to muscle in on food, but I always make sure they all get their share. The water looks a bit cloudy cos I'd just changed it but it's usually crystal clear.

tumblr_mawja2WvUX1rdk7r8o1_500.jpg

And finally my gorgeous Waffles. He's king of the castle! He just moved to a larger tank yesterday and seems very happy with his new throne by the window.

tumblr_mawjfv5ndq1rdk7r8o1_500.jpg

Baby pics of my two lizards!

tumblr_mawjj3oYGe1rdk7r8o1_500.jpg

I have two turtles too but they live in a pond and don't come out much so I can't get pix of them. Anyway, enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Waffles looks like he is enjoying that sunshine, I see he is shedding (cute)

3. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

He likes the real sunlight more than his heat lamp! He just finished shedding today, I'm so happy cos he was very grumpy this time!

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I love your animals thanks for sharing :)

5. Rani

Rani Member

Beautiful reptiles there :)

6. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

very cute lizards!:)

your iggy is really pretty. How old is he/she?

Also your beardie, looks exactly like my beardie!:) but mine's named cola. :) with the beardie i saw that the sun is directly in the sun... i would change that because sun+glass tank=oven.. you dont want to cook your beardie.

7. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

They are all very cute. :D