This Disappears When Logged In

Pics of Ky-Lin Eating

Discussion in 'Childrens Pythons' started by smallgrayfox, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I know you're really supposed to wait a few days after getting a new snake to feed them, but the breeder said it was a day past Ky-Lin's feeding time yesterday, and she's been SO calm and hasn't seemed stressed out at all...just inquisitive, seeming to like being handled. So we went ahead and offered her a f/t pinkie and oh my gosh! I had to wiggle it a few times, but soon she carefully took it her mouth, and then she rolled and rolled and rolled all around it! It was so amazing! Being used to the way my corns eat (take it and straight down it goes) I was in awe watching Ky-Lin. She took her time with squeezing it...I thought she'd never decide to actually eat it, although it really was only about 5 minutes (it seemed longer). I wasn't happy that she took it upside down and backwards when she finally started to swallow (is there any way to make sure she takes it the right way around?). Now she's full, warm, and cozy in her hide under the lamp. Anyway, here are some pics. Sorry they're blurry. My camera is kind of finicky about lighting, and I didn't want to disturb her with the flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

She's so tiny!! And so pretty!
    I love it when they wrap around and around a pinkie like they will never see another meal their whole lives! :p LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.