This Disappears When Logged In

Pics of Carmella

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Jay DeMore, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Carmella shed 2 days ago so I thought I'd post some pics. The dollar bill is just for size.

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I just realized Carmella's other thread isn't with us. For those of you who are new to HC Carmella is the headliner of my educational talks. Her she is with 32 1st graders.
    [​IMG]

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Carmella is SO cute!! :p
    Yup! I'm jealous! lol

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

What a beauty!

Wow!! She is gorgeous! I love the markings on her head. She looks in really great shape, too!
    Do you give a lot of educational talks (about snakes? boas? reptiles in general?)
    I think it's great that kids get some correct info on these wonderful animals.
    Over here in Switzerland, I'm amazed at how many adults (especially men!) won't even LOOK at a photo of a snake! Hugely phobic!! (most have never seen a snake outside of the zoo or TV!)

Keep up the great educational work!! :)

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

She's getting big Jay,,,,and looks great !!!!

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Shes beautiful Jay. She is getting big. ;)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

She's gorgeous Jay! I can't wait for my Maggie Mae to get that big!

8. Dana

Dana Active Member

Beautiful

OK I'm jealous!!!! LOL Little Bit has been doing nothing except stay buried under her substrate. And still at 22" LOL ;)
    Is it "normal" for her to burry herself like this? She's been like this for 4 days now! I had to go in and make sure she was there the first day! LOL
    Here's her home;
    [​IMG]
    and another view.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the help.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its perfectly normal. Maggie has a cardboard box hide and she stays in there. I see her sticking her head out from the opening but as soon as she sees someone back inside she goes. If you shine a flashlight in late at night shes sometimes out.
    Usually as feeding day aproaches.

10. Angela

Angela Active Member

Mine stayed buried for 2 months after I got her. Now she is out of the substrate and stays under her root complex thing. How are the educational talks going? I have not done any this school year. My daughter took her corn to school, but the kids just looked at it. Lori answered some questions at recess. I love showing our snakes and lizards and rats and other stuff. The kids love me. The teachers are not sure about me!

11. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I have a couple coming up. I try to get to know the teachers first, it helps in the long run.

12. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

gorgeous snake you have there Jay, I would love a RTB, (sulks), definately on my wishlist, beautiful :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.