This Disappears When Logged In

*PICS* Monty's Recovery

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by AjaMichelle, Mar 31, 2012.

1. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

My Burmese python, Monty, developed a number of superficial wounds recently that I thought were an infection. I blamed myself. It turns out, it wasn't completely my fault, and it wasn't an infection.

Monty has a hard time moving around in his enclosure because the floor is fairly slick tile. He has had two rough sheds and a few issues with abrasions.

It turns out, he was rubbing himself raw on the walls. I went through with pantyhose essentially and covered all of the abrasive spots and gave him a quick-dry rug. He really REALLY liked the rug. I don't think he left it for days. It takes up most of the floor area and some of one of the walls, basically covering the entire floor except his basking spot. WIN!

He shed this week. It was flawless! His shed was in two PERFECT cylindrical pieces. He also pooped and the rug made clean-up so easy! No poop art this time!!! It also prevented him from lying in any fluids until I could clean it up!

As for the abrasions, they are completely gone. He's 100% intact.

February:
    Vent
    IMAG0086.jpg

Lateral:
    IMAG0087.jpg

Ventral:
    P2190625.jpg

I let him swim in the tub and drink, then applied an antiseptic wash, about every 3 to 5 days. I had removed his water box to drop the rH

P2190621.jpg

Soaking his eyes
    P2190624.jpg

P2190623.jpg

A few days ago:
    Vent
    P3270004.jpg

P3270005.jpg

Lateral/Ventral
    P3270007.jpg

What a relief! :) And it's feeding time again.

Attached Files:

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

One item we used to use on the big snake enclosures was the egg creat sheeting used with lighting fixtures in offices. .500"X2'X4' White Egg Crate No connection to this company just showing what I'm talking about.

This was layed down under the carpeting substrate that allowed liquid waste to drain through the carpeting and away from the snakes till we could get to them. Worked wonders :)

Glad to see everything worked out well for both of you :)

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

He looks AMAZING! You did a wonderful job of taking care of him. I love the bathtub shots!!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great news Aja! Monty looks great, glad that all your hard work payed off for both of you.

p.s.
    I think you need a larger tub, lol

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Well done Aja, nice to see him all healed and healthy!

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats on the recovery! He's looking good and I'm sure ready for a nice fat rabbit ;)