This Disappears When Logged In

*PICS* Monty Eating a Baby Flemish Giant

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by AjaMichelle, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omnifelpur

omnifelpur New Member

You did a great thing to take the snake and treat him so well, he'll thank you for it over time :3

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Amazing! He looks like he REALLY enjoyed that! :)

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Amazing pics Aja!

4. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Beautiful! Ah, so gorgeous :D

5. GoldDust

GoldDust Well-Known Member

Wow, loved the photos! I love seeing anything like that. Burms have always fascinated me, but I've decided to see how it goes with my red-tail before I even think of something like that. Your burm is just so gorgeous though, and I think if they could smile, he'd be smiling ear to ear. He looks like a little kid on Christmas in that first photo. :p

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Kind of crazy but now it makes me want to get one of those adorable Flemish Giant rabbits as a pet!
    (I've never seen such a big rabbit over here in Switzerland: the only ones you find for sale are little dwarf bunnies with tiny ears). :(

7. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

If you ever decide to get a large constrictor, make sure you have a snake buddy. Monty is a three buddy snake (1 buddy for every 5 feet), and I always have one to two other people present whenever I handle or feed. :)

You should never keep large constrictors alone! :)

I've wanted a rabbit for months! My boyfriend said not while Monty lives with us :( which is realistic... I suppose. ;)

8. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Really beautiful snake! And it looks like he has plenty of room to roam around in.

9. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks! :) He does has a lot of room. When I first got him he had an entire walk-in closet (temps and humidity were perfect). However, I didn't want to encourage predatory behavior (his basking platform was higher than I am tall) and wanted to see him all the time, so I got him this custom enclosure. He has 24 square feet of floor space and it's 100% escape proof! I also take him out regularly so he can stretch and exercise. He gets unbelievably restless otherwise. The closet was great because he was able to move around a LOT (horizontally and vertically) and really stretch out, so he regained all of his muscle tone. (He had been living in a 30 gallon sterilite container for almost a year before I got him.) If only the closet had been more practical! :)

He's a really special guy! You should see him in real life, he's actually a bright lemon color and a little pink on his head! Well when he's not making me poop art. ;)

10. jarich

jarich Elite Member

Poop art. Hilarious! And gross I'm sure. I've never owned a giant before but I'm sure they must produce a lot of "art"

11. GoldDust

Aja, just wanted to say I appreciate the tip! I've never heard the method of 1 buddy per 5 feet, but that's awesome, easy to remember, and very good advice. I hope to see more pictures in the future!

12. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

It's unbelievable! :) This Flemish giant has been his largest meal with me. I can't say I'm looking forward to the end result. *sighs*

But I'll definitely post some photos! :)

13. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

LOL only here can the end result be looked forward to LOL

14. GoldDust

I agree with that so wholeheartedly. No one else but other reptile owners can get excited about that kind of thing.

15. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Hey Aja, if you REALLY, REALLY want that Flemish giant you could send Monty to me!! (Just put him in a large crate marked "MEDICAL SUPPLIES--DO NOT OPEN DUE TO LIVE ORGANISMS), that should ensure a VERY calmly handled shipment. ;)

16. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

ha ha! :) I think having Monty is way cooler than a rabbit. ;)

17. colin2332

colin2332 Member

thats so awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.