This Disappears When Logged In

Picky Dragon

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by kaisei1205, May 23, 2017.

1. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i think my bearded dragon is one of the pickiest ever. he only likes exo terra calcium and multivitamin and he is extremely picky about his greens. mustard bok choy with one romaine lettuce leaf torn up not cut.

2. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i read through the feeding section of bearded dragons and it said bok choy is bad for beardies. my old vet said it was okay. i have to cut him off again from a food he loves but its for his own good. i gave the bok choy to someone with guinea pigs hopefully they can have it. i am so sorry

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You have to be very careful with vets. Some of them will claim to know reptiles and treat them but really have either no knowledge or what they do have is severely out of date.

4. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

yeah i should have never trusted that vet, but the current one i am going to gave me a book on bearded dragons he said some of the information is a bit dated but it should help get him back on the right foot.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you give the title of the book?

6. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

the bearded dragon manual. i don't like that is says beardies can be kept together. everything else i ever read said they are loners

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Can you give me the author`s name and year of publication?

8. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

phlippe de vosjoli printed in august 2001. the author wrote another one in 2016 i ordered off amazon.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

10. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i found it in my local library catalog but their only copy is out right now.