This Disappears When Logged In

pic of the new viv i'm building.

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by zaroba, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That is quite the project. Going to be amazing when it's finished. Thanks for updating us.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow...looks great. Do you have more pics :)

3. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

hmm..used to be more pics in here. but when i moved my site and rearranged stuff siteside, i couldn't edit the posts here to update the links.

so...will just repost the main pics i guess:

[​IMG]
    early pic, during construction,, before i added the plywood and before i changed the front.

[​IMG]
    after adding plywood

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    planted, pics of the stream, falls, and pond.

current pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    how it currently looks with the plants, wood, etc.

[​IMG]
    new lighting inside the hood since the old one (dual 48" flourescent tubes @ 1900 lumans each) weren't putting out enough light so some of the plants died, and then one side of the fixture stopped working so more plants started dying. this new hood contains 10 CF bulbs @ 1600 lumens each and has switches for all 10 bulbs with one switch being a master switch to turn off all the lights.

4. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Hey I remember this build, nothing like a year project :)

5. zaroba

zaroba Elite Member

heh, what can i say. i work slowly :p

and have alot of patience to wait months at a time to make sure there wont be any problems at all. and over the past half a year or so that its been planeted, i've found and fixed several problems that would have been more of a pain if there were actually animals in it.

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Good thinking! It's looking really nice, check out the parameters of the tank then go from there, that's a lot easier than trying to regulate them with lamps and heat tape and stuff. It's definitely going to make a great environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.