This Disappears When Logged In

Photoshoot!

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by schmidt1894, Sep 2, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Attached Files:

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Love the colors!

3. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

thanks!!:D

4. Genko

Genko Elite Member

They are great! Thanks for sharing!

Genko

5. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

The pictures look pretty good. Just a suggestion, but I would recommend experimenting with the background, what colors really bring out the best in your subject contrast-wise. For example, the crested gecko pictures - the first one does nothing to bring out his color, but the 2nd one, against the green of the plant makes his colors pop so much more.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great looking photos, love the last photo! :)

7. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

yeahhh, i only caught that picture because he jumped up there, and i was like oooo! good pose for a picture! but yeah, i understand what you mean. :D thanks for the tip!!

yesss! my favorite picture of all times! best picture ive taken, i believe!:) any thing that i could change on that picture?

8. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Lovely! That last one is a real beauty! :)
    Thanks for sharing.

9. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Those are some pretty extreme/vivid color markings for bearded dragons. If you get bored again, definitely look into finding contrasting backgrounds and play with some lighting angles. The last one is my fav, but I keep imagining all the possibilities for making the beardie stand out like a super star!

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

You did really well with those pics! Thanks for sharing :)

11. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

An since I'm new to photography.. What in the world does that mean? Haha:)

You think so?! Thanks Joey! Any tips/recommendations you could give me?

12. JoeyG

The only thing I would say is put them by a window where the sun can bring out their real colors even better. Nothing like natural lighting :) Also take tons and the you have more of a choice

13. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Ohh yeahhh i know. i took over 100 pictures between the three;D 153 to be exact i think. I have a whole bunch, just those 4 i edited and really liked!

14. JoeyG

I do the same thing just to come up with one I like :)

15. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

yupp! i had fun doing it for a while. haha:) gonna try and do it like once a week:) i just need to try and shoot my iggy some pictures.. but god knows he wont cooperate with me.

16. gapeachkatie

Take bedding like flat sheets, pillow cases, even table clothes or any upholstered item in the house and make it a background, or set them up infront of a window in either midday sun or afternoon sun and see how insanely bright it makes their colors. Morning sun is usually too bright and causes a white out effect color wise. Also, if you have a reading lamp that allows the light to adjust direction, just shift it around to adjust how the light is on them. Playing with lights and finding different colors (usually complimentary colors) can make all the difference in photography and making their features stand out.

17. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Like the pictures Rich does? with the drapery/background?? what color should i use to do that?

18. gapeachkatie

Yup yup! just experiment with different colors. Lights and darks contrast, usually helping the lighter color pop, while mixing lighter colors can tend to drown out other lighter colors. Same thing for dark on dark.

19. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

hmmmmmm..... soooooooo if i get a background, put a rock and put the lizard on the rock, then take pictures? or place the lizard on the background?

20. gapeachkatie

you can do anything you want. Using a rock would be a bit more comfortable to the lizard. but photography is about creativity! Use your imagination and have fun with it.