This Disappears When Logged In

Photo Editing

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by DragonsKeepers, May 20, 2012.

1. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

Is there a way to edit (even just crop, rotate) pictures once uploaded? I upload from my phone and PC both, but couldn't seem to fix photos on here.

Thanks!

2. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Photobucket has an edit button with those functions.

3. DragonsKeepers

Yeah, but I upload directly through the HC android app. Much easier, but lacking the rotate feature!

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

HC isn't a photo hosting website. We are a forum. The albums feature isn't designed to modify images but rather to just allow members to post their pics for sharing. It is limited in its ability which is why I don't charge people to use the feature. :)

5. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

Paint should do it on the PC side. I'd bet there's an image editor app for Android.

6. xViLLaiN

xViLLaiN Banned User

If you are using a android or iphone, you should be able to download a photobucket app. I have one on my iphone. You could always upload them from your phone through the photobucket app, then later modify them on a PC.

7. DragonsKeepers

I use photobucket, goggle plus, and dropbox for pictures (auto sync on last two). The issue is simply uploading through the Herp Center app. I don't want to duplicate an image just so I can upload it turned right side up. I don't need to with the other apps, because they all register and automatically adjust. I just thought I'd mention the whole rotate a picture because of my personal pictures and those on the thread about a new rockwall background where all of the pictures are upside down.

I know it's not a photo sharing site, but was hoping that photo rotation might be a simple option to implement. If not, I'll just load all if the pictures through the computer to avoid the problems on the app.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
    :)
    @Rich - thanks for the spelling adjustment in the title...I noticed it a while after and couldn't edit it. It was seriously bugging me! Thanks!

8. annarawrr

annarawrr Elite Member

If you don't want to download editing apps for your android you can use their default one! Before uploading the picture just open it up in the gallery and press the options key on your phone (for Samsung it's the button to the left of the middle button), then click on the "More" option to crop or rotate.

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I likely could add photo editing tools but I would then have to reimplement them each time I upgraded the site. I recently did an upgrade on HC that took me 2.5 months because of modifications I had made to the site. I have swayed away from doing any large scale mods, like implementing tools like that, to prevent from going through that again. Most upgrades from here on out should take me an hour or 2. ;) (You're welcome about the title. lol)