This Disappears When Logged In

Philothamnus semivariegatus

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by caudalis_sa, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Spotted bush snake (Philothamnus semivariegatus )

These are very cool snakes. Common but very cool indeed. They are arboreal and green, two things I am a sucker for in snakes. They also have really bright luminous blue skin in between their scales and a bright blue tongue. They feed mainly on geckos and chameleons. Found 2 in my garden this week. Agro when caught and bite like crazy but are totally harmless constrictors. The are very agile and can climb anywhere! i have seen one climb a brick wall!

They get killed alot by people thinking they are deadly green mambas or boomslang, what a pity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very attractive snake. I can see how they might get mistaken for a Boomslang though.

3. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow that's a beautiful snake! I love the blue on it! (With four GTPs, I'm also a sucker for arboreal and green snakes!) :p

Great pictures: I'd really love to see one climb a brick wall, that must be really cool!
    Thanks for the pics! :D

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

beautiful pics yet again.

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

how awesome! i've never seen anything like that! thanks for sharing its beautiful. :)

6. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

Your pics are always so wonderful! I love this little snake! He reminds of a very cute snake I almost bought once.

7. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Dev you sure know how to make me jealous, especially since we're headed into winter.

8. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

winter? whats that? haha, finally getting back the summer i missed last year :D...and i am def gonna try stick it in your face while you are freezing up there in the ol US of A haha. Just don't show me any snowboarding pics....you would have one up on me there.

9. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Ugh....I hate snow and anything to do with it...but for you I might have to find some snowboarding pictures since you are going to tease us all long cold winter with your herp pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.