This Disappears When Logged In

Pet Ring-Neck Snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Horselover, Oct 17, 2011.

1. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

AdamLaughlin--
    The above statements are but a FEW of the reasons that I appreciate and respect Merlin. He is indeed a VERY knowledgeable person, and while I haven't known him as long as Rich or others have, I can certainly attest to the fact that his advice has always been in the best interest of the animal.(and to be honest, I am really at a loss as to why you would think otherwise, because I have never read ANYTHING in his responses/replies that warranted you to make the faulty assumptions you obviously did.)

Horselover---I know that emotions do run high, and this post has strayed a bit from your original topic, however, I sincerely hope that you have taken the advice given, and that you have done what is in the best interest for the snake you found.
    (On a side note, I just spent Fall Break with my daughter, visiting college campuses and speaking to Professors and Deans regarding admittance to a Graduate Vet School. I know that you mentioned earlier your desire to become a vet. If you really do want to become a vet, then you are going to need to "open your mind" a WHOLE lot more than what you are accustomed to. We all make mistakes, and that is a part of life...A sign of maturity is when a person has the intelligence to learn from "someone else's mistake", and therefore not have to make the same mistake on their own.)

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Very well put Connie! Also, Merlin and Rich are extremely knowledgeable in regards to reptile husbandry and even if they don't have a doctorate on paper...I would put their experience and knowledge against ANY veterinarian I know. Yeah, there might be something they don't know, but they are both MAN enough to admit it and search for an answer instead of trying to B.S. someone. I hope one day to have even one fourth of the knowledge they have FORGOTTEN about reptiles!! Merlin,Rich...ROCK ON!!!