This Disappears When Logged In

Pet Quirks, Weird Markings and Personalities Thread! =D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LillithTheSpider, Nov 19, 2014.

1. LillithTheSpider

LillithTheSpider Active Member

Hey all! Lately, I've seen a lot of depressing threads around the forums, including one I started with help with my crested gecko. I thought it would be good to get a light-hearted discussion going instead. (disclamer: I apologize if there is a similar thread already in existence that I couldn't find.)

We all know that our pets have individual quirks and personalities. Sometimes its a unique pattern, or perhaps a weird little habit they do. Lets share every thing we love about our pet's weird unique traits that make them individuals! I'll be adding photos to mine...not sure if this was supposed to go in the photo forum, but if so just let me know! :)

I'll start out with my young Bearded Dragon Armel.
    IMAG1856.jpg

He is a leather back whom I picked up at a local petsmart when I went shopping for supplies. Normally I don't buy my animals from Petsmart but every time I walked by, this tiny baby beardie would start hopping at the glass and begging to come out. When I finally approached him, he followed me hand and kept frantically scratching. I just had to hold him, and when he did he snuggled into my palm and fell asleep. I had to take him home and I am very glad I did.

Armel is very laid back beardie, and he LOVES human contact. And food...lots of food. I don't know what morph he is, but a few days ago I noticed that he has a PERFECT heart shape on his head!

IMAG1853.jpg

Has anyone else spotted peculiar shapes on their reptiles? =) One day I spotted a king snake with a perfect musical note shape on the side of his neck. I wanted him sooo bad. But alas my parents didn't want snakes in the house.

Here is another picture of Armel's patterns. Maybe one of you knows if he is a morph.

IMAG1854.jpg

2. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Haha I like this thread. My water dragon has a black spot on the left side of her belly that's she's had her whole life. I like to call it her birthmark. :) I would get a pic but I'm away from her right now.
    And my dumerils monitor Akuma, likes to throw her food around before she finally eats it. One day she literally threw a piece of her chick so high that it hit her in the head and landed in her water, she then searched for it but couldn't find it. I was laughing so hard lol I finally fished it out and gave it to her :)

3. LillithTheSpider

lol!! I guess she thinks its fun XD Kind of reminds me of a kid throwing around a ball. That is really cute =) What is your water dragon's name?

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My milk snake (Puff the Magic Chinese Finger Trap - or just 'Puff' for short) has a habit of being enthusiastic at feeding time, but his aim, or his vision, or both, are atrocious. As a result, when he smells a mouse, he opens his mouth, flails his head, and cruises around his enclosure at top speed, biting anything his mouth contacts - including furniture, and his own coils. He lets go of the non-food items, but it's hilarious to watch.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Lol, nice idea for a thread. I have a sulcatta tortoise named Wags, becuase when we saw her in the shop, she was actually wagging her tail like a dog. At first I thought itnwas just because she was walking, but she kept wagging after she stopped. This was BSR down in Florida. I also had a baby red eared slider named Flip, because whenever we entered the room it would literally flip out jumping oof the basking site, and more often than not land upside down in the water. And to top it off, the little bugger would sometimes just lay there in the water, on its back, as if it was wondering how it got there. Then of course there's the ever comical dog that looks at it's own butt after farting, wondering where the noise came from. Our 9 year old female rott is good for that one.

6. lizardhoarder139

Haha yea she makes me laugh :) my water dragons name is Eragon, I named her after that movie when I was a kid, didn't know she was a she haha :)

7. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

My brown anole apparently was very proud of himself when he graduated from fruit flies to small crickets because whenever he would catch one he would start to display by doing the push up thing with it in his jaws before he even began trying to swallow it. Now that he is more accustomed to getting the crickets he does not do it every time, but he will still do it sometimes. He will also frequently display his dewlap after swallowing his cricket as though saying, "Hail the conquering hero". Fun stuff.

8. LillithTheSpider

Awesome stories guys! Keep them coming =D and remember, every day is appreciate your reptile day ^^

9. Logan

Logan Elite Member

Well, Toothless is a tripod. She's weird because she prefers to sleep in one of those small animal igloos than anywhere else. She's a little stuuupid some times. I feed her roaches off a stick so I can make sure she eats and stuff. Well, some times she'll just bite the stick...

And Spike is ... who knows. He really won't eat anything other than greens. Although, be goes bonkers over blueberries. He's a Uro, hasn't had a bug since we got him, but will stalk them and chase them down.

Ducky's still young, but her eating skills are very lacking. She prefers to stalk her roaches, so I stopped putting them in a dish. She gets SUPER excited over them. Squats like a stalking feline. Some times she'll get pretty close to them, then stand up as tall as she can and lunge/pounce. Those are her good shots. That's probably 1 in 5. The other times she does the exact same thing but is pretty far away from the bug before she lunges. And then the bug takes off running and it starts again. Also, she butt wiggles like a cat too. And twitches her tail. Weirdo.

10. lizardhoarder139

Hahaha ducky makes me laugh :D I'm sure that's funny to watch

11. LillithTheSpider

Omg I would beg to see a video of ducky. That would be the funniest thing ever!

On another note, I just looked at Armel...and he is sleeping with his head faceplanted into his bedding (sani chips). Literally only his head is covered.....weirdo.

12. lizardhoarder139

Haha how cute :)

13. Logan

Logan Elite Member

I'll see what I can do. Finally got to see Petrie eat tonight. His aim isn't any better than Ducky's... I'm kind of wondering if leos just have crappy depth perception or if we just got a pair of rejects...