This Disappears When Logged In

Penny

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by LovetheBaruu, Jan 6, 2012.

1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Even though I have known that our time together was coming to an end I am not recovering from the loss of Penny. I had to have her euthanized on the 20th. It was clear that she wasn't having any fun anymore. She was confused and couldn't get comfortable. She would lay down next to me and whine. This is the first time I have ever lived without a dog- I hate it- but I am do not want to feel this profound heartbreak again.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My condolances on your loss. Next to losing a human I think losing a dog is the biggest heartbreak you can endure. They just worm their way so deeply into our lives.
    I once made the same statement. And then the day came that I was ready and dogs returned to my life. Look at it this way. You are currently feeling a terrible grief, but think back on how much joy you had with her.
    I think that you will find that it is far more off balance to the good side.
    Give yourself time to grieve. Then see how you feel.

3. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just know that she is happy and comfortable now. I know how this feels. Dogs are so much a part of you that it feels like you lose a little bit of yourself.

4. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

So sorry! Our relationships with dogs are special. They love us no matter what we do. I will be thinking and praying for you as you deal with your loss.

5. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I'm so sorry for your lost. Rest knowing that all dogs go to heaven.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Kelly, I'm so very sorry for your loss! She will always be with you in the memories that you had together

7. Kalira

Kalira Elite Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. I second Merlin's statement. I said the same thing. The grief will pass and you'll have the good memories to help you smile.

8. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

I'm soo sorry for your lost. I know how you feel after 3 years I still cry sometimes because I had to do the same with my 16 yr old cat Ginger. Just always remember the good times. The funny little quirks that they had. *hug*

9. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Really sorry about Penny. They don't say dogs are man's best friend without reason. My Lab was put down eight years ago and I still cry over him sometimes. That's the mark of a good pet, though. They never truly leave our hearts.