This Disappears When Logged In

Pandora!

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Relentless, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Relentless

Relentless Member

As promised in my intro thread, I want to introduce my 5 month old purple albino reticulated python, Pandora. She's a unique little thing for sure. The breeder calls her Sawblade because of her neat pattern. Personally, I think she's the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen, but I am incredibly biased. I can't wait for her to grow to be a giant monster. ;)

This is her!
    IMG_1742b_s.jpg

This is mom. (purple albino)
    IMG_9134c_s.jpg
    IMG_8747.jpg

This is dad. (purple albino tiger)]
    IMG_8859s.jpg

She comes home sometime next week. My viv is shipping today. I can barely talk about it because it's so exciting. Somebody pinch me.

Attached Files:

2. williamweir10

williamweir10 Elite Member

That is such a gorgeous snake..... I'm so excited to see more pictures!!!!

3. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Great looking snakes--it should be a blast watching her grow into an adult.

4. Relentless

Relentless Member

Thank you guys! Watching her grow up will definitely be a blast. I'm going to photo document it (I'm incredibly interested in giants largely due to their explosive growth rate) and luckily for you guys, you'll be plagued with photos often. :)

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

that is indeed a gorgeous animal, congrats!

6. williamweir10

Want. More. Pictures.

:D

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ohhhh so pretty!!! I am curious if the orange will stay as she grows!

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

WoW Simply amazing!!!...if it were not a pain to have them in Florida I would so get one.....

9. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Oooh she is gorgeous :)

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the kind words.

She is finally home too. It was an early, unexpected pickup due to the breeder traveling my way for a reptile expo in PA. I went and got her on Friday. The picture I posted does NOT do her justice. She is so gorgeous in person and only a really nice camera is going to be able to capture her beautiful colors and contrast. She is also a lot larger than that photo (I'm not sure when that was taken) but she will be 6 months old tomorrow and is about 4 feet and still pretty slender.

More good news is that she ate. Didn't get the expected, famous retic feeding response. She took two weanling rats. The first one she was a little slow to respond and then the second one she really "turned on". I'm sure next week I'll get more of an explosive reaction. Pretty good for her just moving to her new home less than two days ago. :)

11. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

Wow congrats such a beautiful snake I can believe that no pic would do her justice

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

She is incredibly beautiful.
    Will she stay that pretty peachy-pink color or will she turn more yellow like Mom and Dad?

13. williamweir10

<chants> More Pictures!! More Pictures!! :D

14. Relentless

Relentless Member

Thank you! You guys will understand what I'm talking about when I take some more high quality pictures of her. I'll get on that tomorrow since she'll be done digesting her meal from Saturday night.

BlackJack, that original picture I posted doesn't depict her colors right now very well. She was much younger there, so I'm not sure if it was the lighting or she actually looked like that at that age. Now at six months, she is already very yellow. The "purple" is also very prominent. She will likely look very much like mom as she grows. The colors unfortunately fade, but the purple on a purple albino (like mom) remains much darker than the purple on purple tigers (like dad).

Don't worry though, you'll get picture updates often so you'll get to see the changes as she grows into a monster. :)

15. Relentless

Relentless Member

I cannot find my stupid camera charger so cell phone photos will have to do for now. :)

20121204_190716.jpg
    20121204_190700.jpg
    20121204_190241.jpg
    20121204_190209.jpg
    20121204_190156.jpg
    20121204_190108.jpg
    20121204_185949.jpg

Attached Files:

16. williamweir10

Sooooooo pretty!!!!!

17. Relentless

Relentless Member

I was going to post a new thread, but this one is still at the top of the list. So I'll just update it! Pandora will be 7 months old as tomorrow (the 3rd). She has grown 4 and 1/2 inches in the past three weeks and approximately 10 inches since she came home a little over a month ago. Keep in mind she went off food for a week in that time period. She's so beautiful, growing nicely, and never ceases to amaze me.

DSC02561_zpsa674534f.jpg
    DSC02560_zpsca0d86b6.jpg
    DSC02559_zpse58c4894.jpg
    DSC02556_zps5f603a92.jpg
    DSC02555_zpscf1780fe.jpg
    DSC02554_zps9e723f61.jpg
    DSC02553_zpse685b584.jpg
    DSC02552_zpsea1a38fd.jpg
    DSC02551_zpsb6138958.jpg

Attached Files:

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Is her head actually darker then her body kinda fades into white or is that just the lighting?

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

That's just the light from the flash making her colors look off. She is a consistent yellow on her whole body. Her head in these pictures is an accurate depiction of her true color.

20. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ahh... Not as cool but still gorgeous!