This Disappears When Logged In

pair of hortulanus

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Paleosuchus, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paleosuchus

Paleosuchus Established Member

Hey all, just thought i would share my new pair of amazons. I am going start cooling next month for breeding ( i know, i am alittle behind ).

- Here is the male.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

-And the female.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

thanks for looking , jason

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Nice :) Are your's fairly tame, or are they as aggressive as the one's I've seen? I like the colors too. Very different from the one's I worked with.

3. Paleosuchus

They are docile compared to most i have seen. For example, they do not strike at every movement nor the heat lamp. And i can reach in and grab them without getting tagged. They do throw there heads around allot though, usually they will strike with they mouth closed.

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I like the Amazons, I've wanted to set up an arboreal tank for some time, but I keep putting it off because of the temperment issues.

5. Paleosuchus

Hey Jay DeMore, they are amazing creatures and it would be a shame for you to not get some because of there attitude. Amazon bites virtually are painless and as you know they make great display animals. Bad attitudes are no big deal if you want a display animal, if you have the desire to hold something get out a corn or ball. I say you go for it, Here is my display cage:

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

It's not the being bit, it's the space; with the amount of rescues we take in here I don't usually buy anything for myself. Someday though.

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, I was telling a person about them while holding one and he bit my thumb. Tagged me good too cause it started oozing blood, but I just kept talking and the guy looked at me weird cause I wasn't doing anything about it. I think that boosted my weird factor up a notch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.