This Disappears When Logged In

Pacman Frog Problems!

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by Matt Iavarone, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Matt Iavarone

Matt Iavarone Member

I do have a hubba hut that I could put in their to see if that'll help. Right now he's right beside the analog hygrometer buried. I believe he's in a state of hibernation. Can that be a cause of not feeling "secure" or "safe" or is that just strictly because of temps or humidity being off? Also if he is would it be bad to put in a luke warm bath to wake him up or would that shock and stress him out more?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Hibernation/brumation is triggered by temps and light cycles. As long as temps have stayed above 70f that shouldn't have happened, and even if so he will quickly come out of it. Around 80f is adequate for a pacman frog.
    I don't think he's hibernating, sounds like a state of inaction due to stress. I wouldn't try to make him come out of it, that will just cause more stress. I would add some cover so he is hidden then leave him alone for a few days. Give him some peace and quiet to get used to the updates you have made, then try offering food.

3. Matt Iavarone

Matt Iavarone Member

Well low and behold I put the hubba hut in the tank over him and I don't know if it was a coincidence or what but an hour ish later he opened his eyes and came up. I tried to offer food and he devoured 4 crickets.

EctoJoJo likes this.
  4. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Glad to hear it. Let us know if you have any other issues.

EctoJoJo likes this.