This Disappears When Logged In

Pacman Frog Feeding Questions!

Discussion in 'Horned Frogs' started by Matt Iavarone, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Matt Iavarone

Matt Iavarone Member

What are other things I could feed my pacman frog and what are the best. Are flukers gourmet style crickets in a can good or is live gut loaded crickets better. Also theirs no sign of my little guy during the day which I know their nocturnal. I'm not up when he's moving around and out from the substrate, how do I go about feeding him around that time. I don't want to leave live crickets in their because everyone says they "could" hurt or injure your pacman. And leaving something dead in their I doubt he'll see/find it. Should I be trying to unbury and feed him at night or would he just pop out when he's hungry. Also how often should I be cleaning his tank. Rinsing the decor off and changing the eco earth. I also have live plants in the tank.

2. EctoJoJo

EctoJoJo Well-Known Member

If he's new, disrupting him might stress him out. Perhaps try some meal worms in a dish. Count them first and then in the morning. Mealies are less likely to crawl out than supers. The same would be okay for some proper size crickets. Put 5 in and count in the morning. They are ambush animals so live gut loaded would be better. Water sources should be cleaned every other day. Rest probably once a week. Diverse prey items are best with supplements being used on a schedule. Vitamin d is necessary especially if you don't have uvb lighting ( which is not necessary according to most information provided).