This Disappears When Logged In

Owners of Large Python's in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by robolist, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robolist

robolist New Member

Hi there, I really want to buy a Burmese Python. I have done some reading up on it... I've held several small Pythons, but I would really like to see a large one maybe something from 10-20ft before I get my own one... I think it's important to really understand what I'm getting myself into before I just go out and buy the snake... If there is anybody living in Malaysia that has one can you please let me know and would it be possible for me to come and visit your snake?

Thanks
    Robin

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Have you owned small snakes? A big python is no snake for a beginner! I would suggest keeping some smaller snakes first.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Even owning small snakes does not prepare you for dealing with a large constrictor. You will be dealing with an animal that is quite seriously capable of killing YOU! Not to mention the amount of food it will consume.
    This picture is of a large Reticulated Python. Its the one on the ground. It takes 6 people just to move it!
    The albino Burmese around our shoulders is about 10-12 feet long. I am not a little guy and that is a heavy snake!

[​IMG]

Please check out this thread!
    http://www.herpcenter.com/snakes-general/19717-you-ready-big-snake.html

4. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Merlin; Wow, what a specimen! (I'm talking about the snake!) It looks extremely healthy and well cared for. You are absolutely correct about a large constrictor being able to kill you. One has to start off with something just a little bit smaller. Oh, by the way, the first thought that came across when I saw your pic, ZZ Top!

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! It should be. The retic is the famous "Fluffy" and both snakes are owned by Bob Clark!
    You would not be the first to make that comparision!
    I actually had someone ask me for my autograph!

6. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

WOW! That's amazing. That retic makes the burm look like a baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.