This Disappears When Logged In

Our First Girl.. A Little Brat

Discussion in 'Pythons *General*' started by whatasc3n3, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatasc3n3

whatasc3n3 Member

We just got a lavender albino female retic. She only maybe a few months old, and very, very aggressive. She wasn't aggressive when we checked her out at the breeders, but when we brought her home she's done nothing but strike and bite us. My main snake guru said she'd probably grow out of it with size as she feels like the bottom of the food chain right now, I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on "training" her. All our usual baby's are always a little jumpy, but we've never had to deal with anything like her before! Especially doing such a mood 360 from being at the breeders to being at our home, it made me almost think they drugged her like they do wild horses at horse sales!

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

If you just got her, she may need some time to settle into the new surroundings. A move like that can be traumatic for a snake. Give her some time to settle down with plenty of places to hide in.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

What Ken said. How long have you had her in your house?

4. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Hook train her. She will most likely grow out of it. If she is new give her some time.

5. SpecterGT260

SpecterGT260 Elite Member

What is hook training?

However, if it were me I would use a steady persistence. A day or two to get over some jitters may be necessary, but I would start training sooner rather than later. Listen to the snake, if she is going to start off the encounter by being a brat then you won't gain anything, but each day attempt to handle her, let her be when she starts getting agitated. Eventually she will realize that you are not a threat to her.

6. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

I would second the hook training. You're going to have to do it eventually with a snake that size. I would assume she's probably just stressed. If you just got her, I would give her a few days to a week to settle in. If her temperament doesn't change after that, then you'll just have to tough it, get some gloves, and train her out of it. You don't want a full grown, snippy retic around, lol.

One quick question, where did you get her from? I might be confusing this with another morph, but aren't the lavender albino's more on the rare side? Could you post pics of her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.