This Disappears When Logged In

Oscar in the hospital

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by nicole, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Oh,,, sure pull at my heartstrings, lol. The only reason I am looking into a placement or another rescue for him is for HIS best interest. He would be so much better off in a place where he could be outside most of the year in a very large pen eating the weeds and grasses and such that he really needs to be eating,,,,, up here I cant even find dandelion greens so he is on the storebought diet. He really needs to be grazing on all the nourishing grasses. Only thing is I cant figure out where he got the piece of gravel from,, he has not been outside in months.
    for now he is still there because my reptile panel never came back today:mad: I will get it first thing in the morning. But it appears he is fine, but I didnt want to take any chances and I would rather him be there if something should come up.
    As far as his placement,,, when I find a suitable placement,, I will be heartbroken, my heart and soul will always belong to Oscar,, he has overcome so much and been through a lot in his short life so far. I can tell you he is a HUGE part of my life. My first instincts are to keep him forever,, but that is really not in his best interest up here.

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Nicole that is one of my major problems bringing in the tort and box turtles for the winter. Ours don't free roam but it means adding two more large enclosures in the small house. Good luck finding a home for Oscar where he can romp (I guess torts don't romp, they mosey) in strawberry fields for

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

I know it will be in his best interest. I really was just trying to make you smile with the thought that he would want to stay with you. Kinda put a happy spin on it...

With the animals we love its always hard to give them up even when it is what is best for them. I soooo miss my dragons and frogs. The frogs I know went to a great home cause I get to see pics of them all the time (Liz). The dragons I was lucky because I found a very good rescue for them to go to, who actually already had a family that wanted the dragons, and they had done their background check on them and everything...

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

and you know you are always welcome up here to visit them as well. Any time :)

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Oh i know you were trying to make me laugh,, it worked, he probably did it on purpose because he overheard me talking to the other rescue about him, lol
    I mean ,, geesh,, who else is going to jump up and serve him when he wants something,, who else would have rubbed his big fat head at night when he made this crying noise when he first came in here, lol. He kept me up more than any of my kids did when they were babies :eek: lol He used to extend his head out as far as he could and I would sit there and rub it until he fell asleep. lol

Another note,, Oscar is on his way home now.. they gave him calcium injection as they said his was a little low:confused: anyone got any ideas???

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Add a calcium supplement to his food. I do that on a weekly basis for my turts and tortoises

7. The D

The D Mango Empress

Yay Oscar is coming home! ::does the happy tortoise dance::

8. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I do that, twice a week,, what brand do you use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.