This Disappears When Logged In

Oscar, a face only a momma can love

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by nicole, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Well I have some newer better pics of Oscar but the only way I can figure out how to download them is through manage attachments, wasnt there a insert thingy where I could post them here from my gallery? Ughh.. I hate being so technically challenged, lol. Well here is Oscar isnt he just a cutie:D
    Spoiled Brat but a cutie none the less!

Attached Files:

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Rich is constantly messing with all of the links to things....just to confuse you.

Oscar is ADORABLE....If I lived in a warmer climate where an outdoor pen would be feasible I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat.

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I know it is the same problem I have, is that it is too cold here most of the time. I am getting quite attached to him and it will be VERY HARD to give him up! I also worry about him, do tortoises bond? If you asked me I would say yes as he follows me everywhere, lol. I am afraid of if he bonded with me and then moves somewhere else is he going to have problems if put in an outdoor enclosure and is not constantly the center of attention like he is now? I can actually put this tortoise to sleep when he is crying and I can usually get him to calm right down when he is mad. Strange isnt it? The other one I got in a long time ago could of cared less where I was as long as I was nowhere near it, lol

4. angelboa

angelboa Elite Member

He is so adorable almost makes me want one but I dont have the room for one

5. The D

The D Mango Empress

oh he's so cute!!! i've always wanted a tortoise... tho in Sweden... not so much happening =^.~=

6. venus

venus Founding Member

He is adorable Nicole!! Looks like he would be spoiled :)

7. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I'll second that Marsha, Oscar does look just a little bit spoiled. I don't think I would have the room for a tort that is that size. Good luck with him. By the way my Russians only hiss.

8. MRHickey

MRHickey Elite Member

I wish I could take him, but I am in South Carolina, and that would be a long haul for him to travel. I'll probably start checking Reptile Expos. There is one the weekend I am going home to see my mom, I may go and poke around.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

He's adorable Nicole! I can see why you are getting atttached to him!

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

awwww he is GREAT!

11. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

he is adorable! i'm glad he's in your care so you can help him out. hope he continues to do better. :)

12. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Yes, It is awful! I thought about making him the shop mascot:D But then that would not work as my hubby would not want to child proof his shop, lol

13. nicole

nicole Elite Member

so does anyone know if they bond with us?

14. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Not sure but my feeling is why wouldnt they bond with the person who actually is feeding them?????

15. Merlin

Particularly since there is no telling how he was treated previously! Reptiles may not be affectionate but they do differentiate between people.

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I actually know a little more about Oscar than most that come in here. He was purchased in 2000 buy a man who took excellent care of him! In 2005 this young man had a stroke and could no longer care for him, so that is how he ended up in the other rescue,uggghhhh. He has been there ever since, well until he got here. The other rescue is the one who mistreated him, by starving him or feeding froot loops :eek: Oscar was also kicked around when he got in the way of the fridge or when he got in the way period! His dog used him as a rawhide! Some rescue................. I have been in contact with the original owner because he called the other rescues girlfiend and she gave him my number and explained what was going on. Poor man, his heart was broken as he thought he was doing the right thing for Oscar! And now he is begging me to keep him, which makes it tough! :(

17. Merlin

Some people are a waste of good air!:mad:
    Like the bumper sticker says,...
    Some people are alive only because its illegal to kill them!

18. The D

The D Mango Empress

OMG i want that bumper sticker!

19. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Oscar is awesome!! :D

20. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Well since this thread has been bumped back up again, I will tell you that the month before last I took Oscar to see his original owner, he was heart broken to see him in that condition, but is happy that he is here. He is still begging me to keep him, I am pretty attached to that TERDIS, lol. I can definately understand why he could not care for him anymore, the stroke did a number on him:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.