This Disappears When Logged In

Ornate Wood Turtle

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Jnunez8483, May 27, 2016.

1. Jnunez8483

Jnunez8483 Member

I have a Central American wood turtle or known as the ornate wood turtle. She suddenly stopped eating a few days ago and hasn't eaten since. It's unlike her to not pig out on whatever I feed her. Any ideas on what's going on. She's around 3 years old.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Not too familiar with this species, but we need to know how it is being kept before anyone can begin to suggest anything. So basking site surface temp, ambient temps, humidity, some good clear pictures of the entire cage if possible, diet, and anything else that might be relevant.

3. Jnunez8483

Jnunez8483 Member

Basking is around 90-95. Ambient temp of 76 humidity before misting is around 50-60 and after its closer to 70. 40 gallon breeder. No UVB but I supplement. I usually feed greens along with a mixed pellet diet. For 3 years she's been doing great in this set up and it happened suddenly. Possibly she's mature enough to become gravid. I've tried to feel but nothing yet. Possibly not calcified. Also, she's still soaks normally and is just as active but now uses her hideaway a lot more than before.

4. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Well-Known Member

Could there be something stressing her? Is another pet coming around the enclosure a lot?

I know that our pets all notice a change in the air during the rainy season. The rains just hit us and our snakes are pacing a lot. Perhaps your turtle is just feeling the affects of a weather change?

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Nothing sounds out of line in your setup, so I would start looking at external factors, like the above mentioned pets or some other change in the environment. Might also be a good idea to start looking into providing a lay box in case it is gravid. The only other thing that could be done would be a trip to the vet, but your probably not at that stage yet.