This Disappears When Logged In

Orlando Repticon

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by Dragoness, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Well, it's coming up this weekend, and I want to go - it's my birthday. Not sure if I'll make it. I work all day Saturday, but have Sunday off.

I don't need any more pets (blasphemy!)

I get paid Friday:rolleyes:

Anyone else in the Central Florida Area plan on going?

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

oohh I wish! Maybe I could send my sister and nieces so that I might live it vicariously??;)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Let's see if I have this straight.
    A reptile show the weekend of both your birthday and payday!
    An ominously psychic connection of cosmic occurances indeed!

Got an extra tank?;)

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Indeed, I have this 20 gallon, and as soon as my BRB cage is finished, another ten gallon (her current nursery).

Oh, and all my bills are caught up... none due.

It's mean to be right? I have been thinking about a Leopard Gecko or African Fat-Tail for a while. Been wanting to try my hand at amphibians too...

Decisions decisions!

5. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Leo for the 20 and a tomato for the 10 (I'm not biased or anything).:D;)

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

best of both worlds, one gecko, and one amphibian.

I'll have to see what they have (and how it can be worked into the schedule) I'm gung-ho for strict carnivores and insect eaters, because I don't generally keep much greenery around the house. If I get bug or mouse eaters, it's less food in addition to what I already get.

7. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I would LOOOOVE to go but at least for this year, it is a logistic improbability. Maybe next year though.

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'm going Sunday (day of my birthday) and we are decided that we would like some type of terrestrial or arboreal frog (we intend to browse, and see what catches our fancy) that can live happily forever in a 20g tank.

Not to say that's what we'll get. of course, if we make plans, that'll be the one time they don't have any, and we'd come home with a gecko instead!

9. kiraturmc

kiraturmc Elite Member

Sooooooooooooo..... what did you get??

10. David McConley

Kiraturmc- check out her thread in herp photos. It is titled "We all knew it was inevitable..." She tells all about her new acquisitions.
    David

11. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m guessing, but would a 10 gallon tank be o.k. for one of the larger species of monitor you said you really, really wanted you`re boyfriend to get for you on that VERY special day?? (Or does he not TRULY love you????)

12. David McConley

Boy Murrindindi, you just get in there and stir it with a big stick don't you,LOL. I can see that I will have to be very careful about what I tell you about my marriage, or I will end up divorced and homeless with 17 snakes to try to feed. Can you see me trying to beg for moneon the side of the road with all of those snakes? I'll need a cardboard sign that reads "Will work for rats and rabbits".

13. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

It's okay, I wear the pants in this house ;) Grey is somewhat Scottish, so he wears a skirt.

Maybe you could find work getting rid of 'pests' for people to feed your animals. Of course, you'd have to develop a liking for rat and rabbit too...

14. David McConley

Hey I am part Scottish also, but I don't wear a kilt(don't have the legs for it). Actually, I love the taste of rabbit. My father used to make rabbit pot pie when I was just a youngster. As far as rats, well, the Asians seem to like them fine. As long as they are cooked crispy, I might be persuaded to give it a go.

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I long ago promised I would try anything once. Rat can't be too different from rabbit. (I doubt it, bu I wonder if the rabbit and quail sold by rodent pro are suitable for human consumption...? if it's cooked thoroughly...)

Grey's a clan Sutherland Scot, so he's in his kilt as often as not, and it looks fair dashing on him - he has the whole getup including a claymore.

when we went to Michigan to visit family (He's a native Floridian) it took some work on my part to convince him that Kilts and snowmobiles really don't mix. Half of the problem was that he didn't know what a snowmobile was.

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I LOVE rabbits, (to eat!) in Australia they are a very serious pest, I hope I don`t offend anyone, but we used to go hunting these animals....But I`m totally against the sport these days..... I think many former hunters have a complete change of heart....:eek:

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

There`s nothing wrong with men wearing skirts, just so long as they`ve got the matching shoes and handbag, don`t you know!!!

18. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I had the best rabbit in mountains of Cataluña, Spain. It was doused garlic butter, roasted on a spit! delish.

19. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I'll let Grey know, lol.

My family hunts. I have a freezer full of venison and boar and squirrel. Nothing wrong with it - the rabbits are not native to Australia, and rather need to be eradicated before they completely destroy the ecosystem more than they have. The Deer in Michigan are almost as bad, despite being native, their populations are huge, and many winters there are mass die-offs from starvation, not to mention the spread of bovine tuberculosis to cattle... so they hunt those a lot too.

20. David McConley

Hey Dragoness- I also love venison...(hint,hint). If any of your family decides to get rid of some they can throw it my way. I have never had squirrel but if I am willing to try a rat, a squirrel can't be much different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.