This Disappears When Logged In

Orca and Frognut

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Frognut, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

This is me, Frognut (on the left) and Orca (on the right). We managed to meet briefly as they were heading back from Virginia to Maine (Orca and Mom and Dad).

dsc_1007.jpg

They even held up their traveling time as hubby headed the wrong way on I-95 and ended up at the rest-stop north of where they were waiting for us!! :rolleyes:

Yes, it was NOT my fault -- you can not blame any of MY blonde hairs on THIS one!!!

Orca - thanks for 'waiting for us' -- I'm very glad to have met you, even if it was briefly. Next time we head to New England we will plan for an excursion further north to the cold tundra of Maine! :)

OH -- and the Gecko tattoo looks even more fabulous in person!!!

Attached Files:

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey!! How did I miss this party? I told you she was more of a shrimparo than you Steph- ;)

3. Frognut

not by too much!

4. Orca

Orca Elite Member

The picture came out nice, my compliments to Morgan!

I was very happy to meet you too. And I'll pass along your thanks to my parents who were willing to wait. My mom got some "points" with me for this LOL. Like I said, I travel that way at least once a year to see my family so we'll have to plan more then. And maybe Kelly could come too ;)

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Very cool! It's nice to see pictures of members! You guys look so happy to meet each other:)

6. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

So cool to see members in person- even better to see pictures of two or more members together. you both look like a couple of old college buddies at a reunion. :D

7. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

That is sooo cool you two!!

I only wish there were more of us in CA that could meet like that!!

Especially since Im sure I wont be going to any other states any time soon. Wait unless someone wants to adout a 12yr female Ig with a almost 50yr lady?! hahah;)

Nat & LALA

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Great pics guys! I wish I had time and money to travel and meet all you guys - and someday, I will. Maybe some HC members could arrange meetups in their states/regions a few times a year (maybe coinciding with herp shows, or with a local herp society) or other local attractions. I could think of a few strings I could pull with my job. Who knows? I think it would be cool.

You have to advertise, especially if you can cook and clean - you never know!

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Sorry to point this out Stephanie, but if your hubby hadn`t had a (partiallly) blonde in the car (you), he most probably wouldn`t have taken a wrong turn, in which case it WAS all your fault!! (I`m sure you`ll thank me for being honest at some time in the far, far distant future). (I hope so, it would be sooooo childish to bear a grudge) :D

10. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

I'm with IguanaMom!! I wish there was more people from GA on here, so I could have a little "college reunion".lol That's really cool that you guys were able to meet up like this.

11. Frognut

Murrindindi, darling -- you are forgetting the RED hairs out number the blond ones..... :p Although in that picture my hair looks more brownish - not reddish OR blond! (but it's too hard to hold a grudge against you...)

I think (if I didn't mention this before) - we need to start a thread where people post just their city and state, then we can map them and maybe come up with a few 'central' points of interest and set up gathering groups. With the summer coming, we plan to take some long weekend trips - it would be great to meet up with some of the fine folks around here while on vacation!

Sorry Stephan, I don't think we are planning on heading far enough to meet you, although it would be a hoot!

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I think we can all agree, that Stefan needs to come over here. We outnumber him.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats why he won't.
    You girls will gang up on him!;)

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I quite enjoy girls ganging up on me Merlin, don`t you??? (One at a time though, please girls)....

15. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

One at a time isn't "ganging up" lol.

Maybe if you two teamed up, you'd stand a chance ;) I'm sure Rich wants in too.

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

One at a time in a long queue sounds like a gang to me!! And I`m easily terrified if you must know, ladies... (Careful girls, careful).... (I`m quite delicate, really)...

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Do you hide in your house at Halloween Stefan?

18. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You`d better believe I do! (Don`t take unnecessary risks, that`s me, that`s what`s got me where I am today).

Not very far......