This Disappears When Logged In

Ophion's First Pic.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Iggysmommie, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Ok all here he is I couldn't help it. I had to hold him. I know that he needs time to acclimate to his new home and settle in but even being through a drive and flight as well as shedding right now, he's very mellow. I know I will have bite pics one day but as of right now I think I can say I have a winner. ;)
    1104110952.jpg

Now its off to bed for me I gotta work tonight.:D

Attached Files:

2. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

B-E-A-Utiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!

3. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Thank you so much. Its not the best pic it was taken with my cell phone and he is shedding but you can see the red tones under the brown. As soon as I seen him I had the name.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Beautiful little guy, looking forward to the after shed photo shoot! :)

5. justor

justor Elite Member

Awesome!!:x

6. backwoodsgecko

backwoodsgecko Elite Member

Gorgeous!!

7. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

:) Looks like he's going to grow up to be really bright! The thing I love about these guys is they just look better with age and they already start out as little cuties!

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

What looker! (then again, what BRB isn't?)

9. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Gorgeous!!! :x I love the pattern! He looks colorful even though he's shedding! Can't wait to see pictures when he's done shedding!

10. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Beautiful! I want one but currently can't have on yet.

11. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Thank you all. You should see him this morning. All I can say is WOW I got a good one.

Dragoness, Hes a Peruvian and by the looks of him hes not as red as a BRB but the contrast of his colors with the darker black markings after his shed last night ( a good one I might add ) is the most gorgeous I have seen in a long time. They say the Peruvians are the best looking of the sub-species and so far I would have to agree.

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I haven't seen a Rainbow I didn't like, though I think BlackJack was once telling me about a Marajo Island (?) that sounded pretty interesting. I think they were more intensely red than a BRB.

13. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

congrats on your new addition, He is most definitely very pretty:x

14. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Ophion is GORGEOUS!! :) Personally, I think the Peruvians are the most beautiful in pattern and color.
    I had a Marajo Island Rainbow boa. Her side markings were not as nice as the Peruvians; they were not complete circles and had almost no yellow crescents. But she was HUGE!
    God I miss her so much!! Here's a pic:
    88665780.jpg
    btw Don't be shocked when his sides turn whitish-grey at night: it's quite surprising. During the day it's red/orange and at night almost white. (At least that's the way it was with my girl!)
    92533970.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Andrea, if you look closely at Ophions pic his sides are staying the white-grey color. I noticed that yesterday, I had a pair of BRB's about 10 years ago and I remember them having the red-orange sides but this little guy has the white-grey. I hope mine gets to be as big and healthy as yours did. I will find out how good he eats tomorrow night. Hes finished shedding now and I know he hasnt ate atleast since Tuesday last.

Attached Files:

16. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm not sure, but I think his coloring (also along the sides) will darken/intensify as he ages.
    Now that I look back at photos of the Peruvian male I got to breed with my female, his sides were a darker orangey grey in the daytime:
    158918542.jpg
    But turned almost pure white at night:
    133759128.jpg
    He was a beauty too.
    It is unlikely that a Peruvian rainbow boa will get as big as Talyn... Her giant size was a source of amazement to most Epicrates keepers. I finally found a guy in England who told me about Marajo Island Rainbow boas... Apparently they do get quite a bit bigger than most BRBs but even he was still surprised by her size.
    Hopefully your baby will live a much much LONGER and HEALTHIER life than my poor girl. She died of sepsis caused by unabsorbed eggs.

Attached Files:

17. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Congrats he is amazing!

18. RepMontreal

RepMontreal Well-Known Member

I wish my dad didn't put me on a snake ban :(

19. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

What a beautiful boa! I've always liked the rainbow boas.

20. CrazyCylax

CrazyCylax Well-Known Member

My Colombian rainbow turns whitish grey at night too!
    I was scared at first. Thought something was wrong lmao.
    Come to find out it's completly normal haha. Btw. Those boas are all BEAUTIFUL!!!