This Disappears When Logged In

Onwards and Upwards

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Moshpitrockchick, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Here are some new pictures of me doing my thing, this is kind of a big thing for me, it was my first time lead climbing instead of top roping.

Going on up!
    [​IMG]

Leg Bar
    [​IMG]

Coming Down
    [​IMG]

Back on the ground:
    [​IMG]

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Not MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    but I see you survived it!

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Whoa. Looks like you had fun!

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I think I'm going to need a climbers Thesaurus:p

5. Moshpitrockchick

I've got more climbing pictures here: Onwards and Upwards but most of them are pictures I've taken, not pictures of myself.

What words Mike? I'm really good at putting stuff into layman's terms.

Top Rope = You set up the rope before you climb so if you 'fall' you really don't fall at all, you can jump right back on.

Lead = When you are the 'lead' climber going up the rock first so you pull the rope up behind you placing protection if you go. If you fall doing this sort you take a 'whipper' and fall down to your previous piece of protection.

Leg/Arm/Knee/Body etc. bar = When you are able to rest your hands and feet by holding yourself with another part of your body.

6. makiwan

makiwan Elite Member

I LOVE ROCK CLIMBING!!! I haven't been able to go since i moved to chicago, but yea, it's my favorite sport!!! awesome awesome awesome :D :D :D

7. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Yep, those are the words.:p

8. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

Need you for finding Lamprophis guttatus!! Those rock cracks on cliff faces are always just outta reach.

9. Moshpitrockchick

Send me a plane ticket Devon. ;)

10. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Why jump off a perfectly good rock? :p

That's like skydiving, lol. Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? lmao!

Cool pics though Lacey!

11. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Lacey, good for you! Not something that I would ever do but to each his own :)

12. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

:) That first picture makes you look like you're just casually holding yourself to the side of the mountain by the tips of your fingers and toes.

It looks like a lot of fun.

13. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Nice! I so want to get into lead climbing, still just toproping and bouldering for now though.

14. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Cool pics and what a great workout!
    I've never tried it myself, but I think I'd probably start with a climbing wall with lots of padding below! ;)

15. Moshpitrockchick

I don't pay much attention to what's below me unless I'm bouldering because otherwise the important bit is the rope. That's what you have to put complete trust into. :eek:
    I still don't like falling but you learn to fall 'properly' if that makes any sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.