This Disappears When Logged In

Once the Eyes Go Gray

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Gracelikerain18, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They don't feed on pinkies for long. And it is always easier to get a young snake switched over before they get set in their ways.

2. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

What if I decide to feed her pinkies her whole life??? :)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You will have a problem. Pinkies are high in fat and low in calcium since their skeletal structure hasn't yet developed.
    And it would be QUITE expensive to keep a snake of any size full of pinkies.;)

4. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

Touche'! lol.

5. Gracelikerain18

Gracelikerain18 Elite Member

Can we end this?

I wish I could close this thread. This is getting beyond silly. And I have to say that there have been quite a few members that have posted in an "intimidating" manner. Perhaps in hopes of getting their point across. This is not the way to do it, folks. It's been stated that the research has been done, facts weighed. Decision made. And, no, I must disagree that IF live feeding is continued it WILL be regretted. Not EVERY snake gets injured.

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Re: Can we end this?

This is true, however, you cannot guarantee if your snake will be in said group.

You've heard both sides by now though.

7. Chris1974

Chris1974 Elite Member

Anyway....getting back to the original subject of this thread....Shelby shed last week while I was on vacation, and OMG, she is soooo soft! This is the first time she has shed in my care. It was a completely clean shed- nothing left over around the eyes or nose. I can't believe how vibrant her colors are!!! I'm so proud of her! :)

Just a little side question here for someone....how worried should I be about one of her scales that is protruding out? I noticed last night when I had her out, near the end of her tail she has a scale that is poking out. At first, I thought she had something stuck in her (like a splinter), but after looking closer, it appears to be a scale that has been bent back or something, and is now poking outwards. Is this something that I should be worried about??

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

it happens. One of our boas has rows of bent scales in places, they come and go, and mostly, I think it's because she spends so long laying in the same position.

I like taking my snakes out on sunny days after they have shed to see them in their best colors. They are always very vibrant right after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.