This Disappears When Logged In

Oldest Herp

Discussion in 'General' started by venus, Apr 12, 2005.

?

Oldest Herp

1. 0-5 years

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. 6-10 years

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 11-15 years

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. 16-20 years

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. 20-25 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. venus

venus Founding Member

MarK (mar) and I want to know who has the oldest herp here at Herpcenter.

2. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I bought my ig, Bob, as a hatchling in September 1995, puts him just south of 10 years.

3. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

I have a box turtle that I've had for about 16 years..
    Zane

4. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

I have a 14 year old Leopard Gecko.

5. steveig2

steveig2 Elite Member

Jorge will be 13 in october and if i go by what i was told for Jade she is 15 but that cannot be verfied

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I voted 0 to 5 yrs, I dont have a herp over 3 yrs old, well at least I dont think so, not sure of my large rat snakes age ...

7. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

All four of mine are younglings ...The oldest is Spectre who is possibly as much as 1 1/2 years, but probably less. :rolleyes:

8. venus

venus Founding Member

My oldest is 4 1/2 which is Prydator my ball python

9. Dawson

Dawson Active Member

My oldest right now is my mangrove snake. She was full grown when she was imported in 1991, when she was at a local nature center, so she's at least 16 or so - unfortunately, no exact number. My Russian tortoise is 12, and last year I had a burm pass away just shy of her 19th birthday.

D

10. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

One of my igs I was told was 13 yrs when I adopted him...That would make him 14 now...Lyn

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Tough for me to tell. I have had a Russian tort for 5 yrs now that was a wild caught adult when we got her..so she could be 10 or 20 or 50

12. iturnrocks

iturnrocks Elite Member

Longest I ever had a herp, I had a burmese python from 2 weeks old to 8 years where it went from 24 inches to 14 feet. I couldnt find anyone to buy it and ended up giving it to a pet store, who immediately sold it to a snake breeder, doh!!!

13. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

my oldest herp is probably my white's tree frog, a little over 1 year or so maybe older not really sure. I am glad i have all young herps....more time to enjoy them!

14. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Most of my friends are rescued so I have no idea of ages (with a few exceptions) I do have a pair of 10 year old igs, an 8 year old ig and as Ken said, A Russian Tort that could be 5 or 100, no way to tell.

15. mackzbaby

mackzbaby Active Member

My oldest that i know the exact age of is my first bd that i got, he is about 2 and a half almost 3. I do have a full grown box turtle that I found, driving along the road and somebody hit him,(I was very upset that they didnt even stop) I've had him for about 2 years, not sure of his age.

16. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I had to guess at 11-15 years. I've got a tiger salamander that I've had for about 13 years, but I caught him as a neonate (I think. I don't use the term much), so I don't really know how old he is. I'm pretty certain that some of my turtles are older than 20 years, but I've got no proof of their age, just a hunch.

17. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

I posted 11-15 Miss Zak is 13 years old. I could have voted in the 6-10 years as well. We got Iggy when he was a hatchling and he is now 6 years old.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.