This Disappears When Logged In

Old World Integrades or Hybrids?

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Murder Serpent, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

In north america integrades occur in nature between gopher snakes and kingsnakes, rat snakes & milk snakes etc.

I was wondering if any there have been any documented integrades or hybrids between say Orthriophis & Elaphe or Coelognathus?

:confused:

2. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

I wouldn't doubt it. And milks intergrade with rat snakes? I've heard of and seen pictures of the cal. kings and gopher integrades, they are beautiful I think.

3. Murder Serpent

I've seen an eastern milk x black rat snake integrade. Wasn't that great but interesting none the less.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have heard of various subspecies of the same species who's ranges overlap interbreeding but never from two different species.
    The hybrids I have seen or heard about were all the result of human manipulation.

5. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

This is a picture of a california kingsnake and gopher snake hybrid that was found in the wild. I got it from Californiaherps.com.

[​IMG]

Wow thats really interesting, never heard of that one before. Figures how the cannabalistic snakes are the one hybridnizing with other species of snakes haha.

6. Murder Serpent

I know about sub species integrating like korean rats & russian rats plus the beauties and diones seem to integrate but I'm wondering about more exotic integrates and/or hybrids that asian or european hobbyists have seen or work with.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Interesting looking snake. But the site says "probable hybrid" and there is no way of knowing if it is something that has escaped or been released.
    Who knows?

8. Murder Serpent

There have been a few gopher-kings found in the wild. Not just this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.