This Disappears When Logged In

Okay, So It's a Slight Addiction

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by CaseyB, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseyB

CaseyB Member

I will be moving my fire bellies from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon long tank soon, and then, well, I'll just have a tank sitting around. I don't want fish. I'm also looking for something that's pretty easy to feed--either canned food readily available from the pet store, or crickets. Also, I'm looking for something that's pretty active. It'll be a class pet, and while I will never allow the kids to handle the animal, I do want it to be something they enjoy looking at. Any suggestions?

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Re: Okay, So It's a Slight Addiction!

Do you need an amphibian or are you looking for other suggestions?

3. CaseyB

CaseyB Member

I'm open!

4. schlegelbagel

Are snakes out of the question? The problem is, a good portion of the animals that fit in a 10 gallon tank are nocturnal. I can think of a few frogs, but your class might find them a bit boring....

A leopard gecko is good in a 10 gallon too, but they are nocturnal as well.

I could suggest a green anole. They are fun and will eat crickets. They do need a bit of a special lighting setup.

5. CaseyB

CaseyB Member

I've been thinking about getting a fire belly newt (but am open to other newts, as well), but no local pet stores seem to carry them. I live in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. Do any of you know local breeders (or are any of you breeders) or pet stores that sell them?

6. schlegelbagel

7. Joy81

Joy81 Elite Member

What about a garter snake? I have one, and she is very personable, and active. She spends lots of time crawling around and watches us as much as we watch her :) There is a guy named Scott Felzer who breeds all kinds of garters he is easy to find on the web. His sight has lots of info.

8. Reezo

Reezo Active Member

Red eyed tree frogs?
    Cant get more fun to look at than that...besides dart frogs

my pal:

Attached Files:

9. Freihto

Freihto Elite Member

Those are beautiful frogs Reezo, i must have some now... :p

Thread Status: