This Disappears When Logged In

Ok, so I've ordered a Slimline

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by otaku_femme, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otaku_femme

otaku_femme Member

I ordered the ESU Reptile Slimline fixture for my UVB light. Now I'm wondering how I should mount it in there.

My tank is the 40-gallon breeder Critter Cage by All-Glass aquariums. It has a sliding screen top. I'd like to mount the light IN the tank, but I'm not sure how feasible that is in a glass tank. Any ideas?

(Maybe it'll become clearer to me once I actually RECEIVE the fixture and see what my options are for mounting it, but any suggestions are welcome. :) )

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

The slimline light has 2 keyhole mounts in the top, you can buy L brackets at home depot and aquarium silicon them to the glass wall of the tank. Just make sure you allow sufficient drying time for the silicon to clear.

3. Anolee

Anolee Active Member

otaku_femme, this is what I did. I do not know if this will help b/c I have bearded dragons who cant escape yet. But I have the screen off and I laid the slimline light across the tank and setting it on the front and back sides. That is just a thought.

4. otaku_femme

otaku_femme Member

Thanks for the ideas, Jay and Anolee.

(I'm always impressed at the speed of replies on this site!) :)

5. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

You could also build a hood with the lights inside of that. Thats what I plan on doing for my 40g.

6. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

im not sure what the top of a slimline looks like but for my aqarium type fixtures i hang them from the screen with zipties through the holes on top

7. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Jade, that was my first idea :) ...However....the screen top doesnt just sit on top it slides into grooves so if there was something attached to the bottom of the screen it would no longer be able to slide right out. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.