This Disappears When Logged In

Ohio Reptile Expo, May 3rd This Saturday!

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by NoahGotHerpsDewd, Apr 29, 2014.

1. NoahGotHerpsDewd

NoahGotHerpsDewd Well-Known Member

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else here is from Ohio but if any of you are going to the reptile expo this weekend I will be there!
    It's at 1500 Demorest Rd Moose Lodge 11 Columbus, OH 43228. I believe there starting at 9 or 10 AM, and running till 3 or 4.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is going and would like to meet up I'd love to!! Would love to meet some fellow enthusiasts around here, just PM me!

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

3. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

There is also one in Mason Ohio that day too. Cin City Reptile Show. Usually it is the weekend after but moved for mothers day.

4. NoahGotHerpsDewd

Will either of you ladies be attending the Columbus show this weekend?? I'd love to meet some fellow HC folks at the show!

5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Not when I have a bigger and better show 15 minutes from my house. So the husband and I will not be going. Sorry

6. NoahGotHerpsDewd

Awh ): lol. This is my first year going to the show down here, I saw it coming up and just had to take the day off from work I have been wanting to go for so long, have you been to the Columbus show in the past TJOHNSON?

7. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Yes. It is very cramped. The room isn't that big and there are going to be a lot of people there. You'll see what I mean.

8. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You'll have to go the cin city one soon. It's bigger inside. Either way if you go early, to the Columbus one it shouldn't be too bad.

9. NoahGotHerpsDewd

Is it really that bad...? Geez I may just drive out to your guys' show if it is.
    And probably not a good idea to bring my Boa with me then either, huh? lol

Edit: Ahh I will have to come some time TJ!! And yes it starts at 9 and we are planning on showing up around 930 10 on saturday, I love my boa but I was thinking of possibly trading somebody there, but it would have to be worth it to me because I got my Hypo Hog for a S-T-E-A-L lol. My BP, even though he is a normal I could never get rid of though lol.

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

No, you need to experience it. If you want to trade him you can take him but get there early. Put him in a small tote like a shoebox size tupperware. You can tape a sign to it "for sale or trade" too if you want. Don't wear long sleeves because you'll get hot inside.

11. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm in VA, we have shows every month here, so I won't be attending this show.
    But have fun and take lots of photos!

12. NoahGotHerpsDewd

Ohh I will try and find a camera to use for tomorrow! I have a piece phone that doesnt the greatest pictures lol. I probably will be able to so expect a thread on Sunday with lots of pictures!!

13. NoahGotHerpsDewd

Yeah I do want to experience the show. Have met some people who went and they said it was cool so I'm super stoked!! Thank you for the advice TJ! I have a small tote I can put her in, she is absolutely gorgeous so I don't know how anyone could turn her down!!

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You might do some checking first. Many shows will not allow outside animals into the event. Only registered vendors.
    You never know what disease or parasites they may be bringing in.

You may have to leave her in the car and any business done outside.

15. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

They used to allow it. I'm not sure about now, but used to they would. You'll see a lot of people out front who doesn't want to pay entry trying to sell or trade out there too.

Inspect everything before trading.......... very very well. Listen for RI, look for mouth rot, check scales of snakes, check for mites. Everything.

16. NoahGotHerpsDewd

I believe at the Columbus show they do allow outside animals, but it is a far enough drive from my house that I will still check. And do you think it would be okay if I did have to leave her in the car for the time I'm there? Not sure if I will be there the whole day, but Saturday is supposed to be 65-70 with some rain in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

I would rather not leave her in the car if I don't have to lol, I am just wondering in case I do.

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I wouldn't. Unless you set up something to keep them warm. And then you risk the danger of the sun coming out and overheating the whole thing.

18. NoahGotHerpsDewd

That is what I figured. I won't leave her in the car then. Thanks for the advice guys. Excited to see whether saturday brings a change to this tank I have Pretty girl in, or not!

19. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I would get one of those hot hands warmers put it in there with her, taped to one side. Use packing tape that way she can get on it without fear of it breaking open. Then take her in. I wouldn't leave her outside.