This Disappears When Logged In

Nova the Bunny

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Wyldrose, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

What a week... :(
    We had a nasty thunderstorm last night, the house was roaring with the thunder. I didn't really look at the rabbits well when I fed them this morning, until my daughter took them out to show her friends. Nova my 15 month old Netherlands Hotot cross had a sever head tilt. She had one eye down at the ground and the other looking strait up. I took her inside, set her in a big box. She kept rolling to the one side when she stopped she was dead :( I think the loud thunder scared her so bad it caused a stroke. I did a google search and that is one of the causes of head tilt. She was not sick yesterday morning.

I had rabbits years ago, they where so bad, peeing on the walls, chewing everything and very aggressive. Once they where gone I said never again. Then I saw the add for Nova, she was so tiny and cute I had to get her! Mothers day happened to be around the time the bunnies where weaned so we went and got her. I had wanted a male, out of the 4 babies there where only 2 white ones both females. So I picked out the smaller of the two (dwarf rabbits have one dwarf gene and one regular gene so the other white one was a false dwarf)

Nova was such a wonderful little bunny! She was litter trained with in a couple days. We decided she would like a friend so we got a male holland lop, kept them seperated. She was an escape artist and managed to get herself preggy! Four days after Smokey was neutered she gave birth to two little girls. We kept one Freddy(we thought she was a boy lol) and Halo who lives with a close friend.

Nova you where a sweet heart and it's sad that we have to say good bye so soon!!
    She loved paper bags!
    010-2.jpg
    Snoozing in the sun
    002-4.jpg
    Rest in Peace

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She was adorable, sorry to hear that she passed away! :(

3. beth96c

beth96c Active Member

Aww I have to say Rabbits are one of the most loving little pets. I'm so sorry for your loss, she looks like she was such a sweet little girl.

4. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

What a cute little girl, sorry to hear of her passing. :(

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

RIP Nova. Sorry Susan

6. mele

mele Elite Member

Rest In Peace Nova.

7. Vers

Vers Elite Member

We've had this happen to several of our rabbits over the years--some were cured, others never completely recovered. If I recall correctly it was called wryneck.

In any case, I'm sorry to hear about your loss...it's never easy.